Bf 109 cockpits

I am currently trying to research the cockpits for the Bf 109 G-6/AS and G-14/AS for future modeling conversions from the Revell Bf 109 G-10 in 1/72.

Having bought the SAM Publications Bf 109 Pt 2 (and being rather disappointed with the content which in my opinion is not as modeler orientated as the earlier publications in the series were), I have decided to ask you my fellow modelers if there is much if any difference between the cockpits for the above stated version?

I have bought the Aires cockpit for the G-10 and am wondering if this is good enough for the AS versions as the armored glass headrest is supplied as a clear resign component thus saving considerable time in making a representation out of clear sprue/runner.

I look forward to your replies and unfortunately I cannot view any binaries groups as My provider dosnot allow that.

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

As fas as I can recall, the only difference a -x aand a -x/AS is the heavier canopy due to having a pressurized cockpit...thicker glass and slightly wider sill, as I remember things.

Reply to
Rufus

Heavier framed canopy ? The only differences easily disernable that I know of for high altitude versions of the aircraft were the lack of air scoops below the angled part of the windshield and the designation having an odd number such as G-1, G-3 & G-5. As I said I have some reference books so am not completely ignorant on the subject but its the interior details that I am lacking for the AS versions. I have even looked at the builds on Modeling Madness to find any information I can despite the fact that are 1/48 and I work in 1/72 (the eyesight hasnot got bad enough to move to 1/48 yet). The references I have are Squadron Signal Bf 109 pt 2 and Modelers Datafile 10 Bf 109 part 2 and there is not much info for the cockpits in them for the versions I am wanting to build. References and web links would be great.

Thanks in advance

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

"Heavier" frame (in thickness, I think) to carry the heavier glass...but it's not that noticable.

Reply to
Rufus