Gloster Meteor III

I would love to build a WWII-era Meteor, in 1/72nd scale; and it seems that the old Airfix kit is the only way to go. Does anyone know of an on-line collection of good reference photos, such as in a "walk around" format? There are several nice sets on Hyperscale, but they are of postwar models. Obviously, the cockpit details would be drastically different on these later versions; but what about such things as wheel wells, flap, and speed brake details? Would they be similar to the Mark III?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Hi Greg,

Not sure if its any use to you but Hannants have a Meteor Mk.4 as a future release

. You can see a review of their Mk.8 via the following link:
I don't know alot about the meteor but having a quick look on the web
the Mk4 had a longer nacelle due to heavy compressed buffeting at high speed. You may then be able to make it shorter for the Mk.III?

Cheers, Stephen.

Reply to
SL