Bf 109 G-14

Hi, I am "putting together" a 1/72 scale Bf 109G-14 from a miss packed Heller kit of the Bf 109 K-4 that had a late G fuselage in the box rather than the K fuselage..... all well and good as some late G-14's had the large wheels and rectangular wheel bay bulges... at least according to the Squadron Signal In Action book which I am happy to go along with. The problem I have is finding photographs or decal sheets of such an aircraft in use. I don't have a large budget but I am sure that I can manage to replicate markings for almost anything other than unit badges that may have been applied to such aircraft. I look forward to your replies

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

Daryl

Have a look at Eagle Cals Sheet No 43.

It features Bf109-G14 W.Nr. 512428 Yellow 10 of 3/JG77.

The addendum instruction sheet confirms the W.Nr. which some sources quote as 512429. It also states that the wheel bulges are believed to the the larger size. There are no unit markings on this scheme, so it should be easy to replicate. One problem is that the aircraft has the earlier short tail.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Can't help with the decals, but here are some illustrations of bf.109 G-14 colors and markings.

willshak

Thanks for the links to the decal sites, they are proveing interesting and provideing lots of information even though there is not a late G-14 with large wheel bulges amoungst them. Can anyone recoment a book or two that I could try to get a hold of that would be a good reference sorce ?

Thanks in advance

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

Gondor.

Best current reference is Schiffer Publications "The Messerschmitt Bf-109 F, G & K Series" by Jochen Prien and Peter Rodeike. ISBN #

0-88740-424-3. I believe this is still in Schiffer's catalog.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Reply to
eyeball

Hi eyeball, That is exactly what I have, tall wooden tail with two external trim tabs, breach bulges on the cowling and large rectangular wing bulges for the later wide tires. What I am looking for is references for markings as so far everything I have looked at is for the majority of the G-14 production where as the larger wing bulges were only on a few late production aircraft.

Regards

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor