Hasegawa 1/32 F-16 v. new Tamiya F-16

the Hasegawa kit goes for $60. Only sprue shots have been out for the Tamiya
kit, but could it really be worth almost $100 more than the Hasegawa
kit?
Craig
Reply to
who me?
If you want a start of the art, recessed panel line Block 52 with modern and accurate weapons, then the answer is yes.
You could build the Hasegawa kit, but it is only good for Block 30/32 (and only those few GE engined aircraft with the small inlet). Also, you have to contend with the raised panel lines mixed with the very overscale recessed panels on the spine, the poor fit of the gun panels if you choose not to display the gun, and the poorly detailed and outdated weaponry.
You get what you pay for I think. Kind of like why not buy the Hasegawa 1/32 Hornet instead of the more expensive Academy kit.
Dave
Reply to
Dave Williams
I agree...I was on the fence until I saw those shots. It looks killer. It'll be on my "wants" list.
Reply to
Raymond102359
NO!
Well, that probably is too simple, but in my opinion (and that of my wallet) no kit is worth that much money. The differences thoug are there, the Tamiya kit is newer and has more parts, and probably has good fit etc. Also it is a version with a different intake than the Hasegawa version, so if you want to build a block 50 "wide Mouth" version you either go for the Tamiya or the Hasegawa and then buy extras for maybe another 50$.
Now the usual question - Why keep popping new kits of planes that have already been kittet? Why not some of the planes that aren't available in kit form.
Reply to
Claus Gustafsen
"Claus Gustafsen" wrote in news:417292c1$0$180$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk:
With respect that's like criticising Airfix for releasing a new tool Spitfire 24 because Tamiya had previously done a Mk1.
And as for why? Well. . the answer's in your question. If it sells well it's a worthwhile subject for a company who is in business to make money. Should be interesting to see sales of the Trumpeter Vigilante to every modeller who has been screaming for one for years. All 47 of them.
Wanna set up a model firm and get yourself off to a good start? Your first kit should always be a Dora-9. Sad but true.
Reply to
Drewe Manton
Actually part of what I was asking is why so many Spitfire Mk V and no Mk XII, etc, and Revell, Hasegawa and Tamiya all did the Zero in the A6M5c version...
Couldn't my first kit be a Fw 190D-11 or 13 please.....
Reply to
Claus Gustafsen
Seriously? There's plenty on the market. Are they better sellers than the Fw-190 A, G, or F? tia,
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comedy (Keeper) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m07.aol.com:
There's yer answer right there!
Are they better sellers than the
I'd have to say probably, yes. Certainly seem to be more of them floating around built up on the intercyberwebbymujigg. . .
Reply to
Drewe Manton
Actually, The Hasegawa and Tamiya kits are different versions of the A6M5. Rich
Reply to
Richard Bernecki
Correct. The Hasegawa kit is the Model 52c and the Tamiya kit is the original Model 52 (or 52a).
Dave
Reply to
Dave Williams
IIRC they went like this: 52 two 7.7 cowl guns 52a one 7.7 and a 12. cowl gun 52 b 7.7 cowl gun deleted 52 c extra wing guns hth
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper
Unless of course you've got the "really" early Hasegawa 1/32nd scale F-16 in the prototype colors. I've got that and their 1/32nd F-18 prototype, one of these days I'll do them. Maybe sit them next to their Tamiya counterparts and show the evolution of the aircraft themselves as well as the evolution in mold-making technology...
just my $.02
Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN
Reply to
Don McIntyre
Well the Hasegawa I have covers all the "5" versions I know of. But nobody did a 1:32 "3" with the clipped wing
Reply to
Claus Gustafsen