Mohawk decals in 1:48

Any chance of some aftermarket for my lovely new Roden kit, do you think? The decals are rather badly out of register on the red. Surely those nice TwoBobs or Albatros chaps could find some funky artwork on some Vietnam vintage OV-1?

Bestest, M.

Reply to
Matt Bacon

I just picked the kit up last weekend as well and it does look quite nice. The cockpit seems a little sparse and the ejection seats seem "passable" out of the box except that they have no belts at all.

I don't know squat about the aircraft. Does anyone have any info on the ejection seat this aircraft was fitted with and how the belts were laid out?

Thanks.......Bill

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

try

regards JimboD

Reply to
Jimbo D

I guess you were unlucky. The kit that I have has well registered decals. You might be able to ask Roden for another set.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Bill,

The OV-1 used the Martin-Baker Mk. J5X variants of seat, as in Mk. J5A or J5D.

Check out

look at "seat gallery" under "MBA US ARMY".

See also Chris Miller's pix of his Mohawk cockpit restoration at

specifically for seat photos see
The ejection guns are at
John Hairell ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com)

Reply to
John Hairell

Thanks to those that replied. I checked the two sites that folks provided and each site showed a different seat. One looked just about line the one supplied in the kit but I got the impression this is a seat from a later Mohawk, perhaps a -1D. The Ejectionsite showed a MBJ5X for the OV-1A and it looks very little like the seats provided with the kit. Could it be that Roden included the late model ejection seat in an early model kit???

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

From the latest two bobs newsletter:

The next eight that is going to the printers is shaping up like this. These will be in hand right before the IPMS Nationals and we will be debuting them there!

F/A-18C AFLAC Hornet from VFA-82 >Any chance of some aftermarket for my lovely new Roden kit, do you think?

Reply to
Kevin Seniuk

Most probably - the earlier seats differed from the later seats, so I suggest using the MBJ5X for your template. Chris Miller's OV-1 front end is from a C upgraded to a D.