Kit Wanted Escort MK 1/2

Hi I'm looking for a 1:24 Escort MK 1 or 2 kit. Anuone know where I can get hold of one.

Thanks

Zane Please mail replies to snipped-for-privacy@mav.co.za

Reply to
Maverick

Esci Mk2, expensive and hard to fine usually, fetches upto £40 sometimes. Airfx did a Mk1 32nd scale.

Had several years ago....wish i never buit them

BTw at the mo due to D day, Italeris 72nd Horsa is on UK ebay at over £40 at present, got one of those too!

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Woe is me, I had trouble selling one last year for ten bucks. What a difference a year makes! Cheers, The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

$60+?

I never build a kit until i have a 2nd, looks like im gonna have to wait a while.

While i was in my model shop the fone kept ringing with people asking if someone made one, been oop for years, wish theyw ould bring it back out, surprised they didnt, esp with that tv show thingy serial.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

I imagine if you do a search on ebay.uk.co. that's the only one that turns up. If you search ebay.com you get half a dozen, most of them selling for $10, 6 pounds (?) Two of them in the old Testors box from the eighties and a few more with the Italaerie box from a couple of years ago. Trust me they're easy enough to find. You might want to check some searches from your end, see if ebay.co.uk connects with ebay.com. There's even the Sutcliffe version! Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

yes im watching the US ones too, i always do, infact 80% of my stuff is from the US, even with shipping tis cheaper, btw whats the Sutcliffe one?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

You must have missed the post. Sutcliffe was a British vac company, the owner was showing a couple of gents from Italy around his operation; prospective customers no doubt. They asked what his best selling vacs were, he replied the Hadrian and the Waco. About a year later Italaerie released theirs. Corporate spies, get it? Anyway, hardly anyone wants a Sufcliffe vac Hadrian while the Ital version is around. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

I found Ken's original post under the "Sanger...Wacol glider" header. Here's a copy:

Many years ago I met with Gordon Sutcliffe - the guy behind Contrail Models - who's moulds went to Sanger when he retired.

He told me the story of a visit to his cottage in Somerset by a couple of Italian guys who were interested in what he was producing.

He showed them around his small workshop and one-man production facility and was his usual very generous self.

When they asked what his best-selling kits were, he told them that they were the Horsa and Waco gliders - because they appealed to both the aircraft AND the military modellers.

Imagine his dismay when less than a year later, Italeri released injection-moulded kits of the same subjects!!!

It killed his sales of the vacform gliders stone dead.

Gordon was a woodwork teacher at the local school and started making wooden masters for his vacforms. I lived reasonably close and visited him quite a few times.

He even let me have the wooden masters for a C-5 Galaxy fuselage that he was working on. I modified them and made a mould for a fibreglass resin model that I still have somewhere..............

Ken Duffey

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

yes i read that, sorry i forget names in seconds

Reply to
JULIAN HALES