Corvetter motorized

I am looking for a model I had back in the late 50's. It was a large Corvette model, that had working lights, and it ran. thanks Jake

Reply to
jtrexel

Sounds like the ITC kit. Check eBay - they're listed there occasionally.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I remember an MPC kit maybe 1/8 scale, red vehicle on a black box? I had a Scale Auto Enthusiast with a complete list but oddly it's not in the stack; maybe tomorrow. Some of the early MPC vettes in 1/25 scale also had working lights. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

I think I have one of those. I would have to dig it out... It is something like a 57 Vette. It was re-released in the early 90's by MPC/Ertl (that is when I bought mine). I don't think it is 1/8. Maybe 1/12 ? But I dont think this one has a motor. Just lights. But I'm not willing to part with mine... :-) Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Yeah, that sounds right. There's also a large 63-67 vette but I think that's the Monogram. Where's that confounded magazine! Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

The first one that I built with working lights, opening doors, etc was a '54 Corvette. Thick chunky plastic about 1/8th scale. A couple of screws through the bottom. Got it as part of the annual kit gathering around Christmas of '55. It wasn't motorized IIRC, but the operating headlights were cool and the fit was pretty decent.

oxmoron1 MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

That would be the ITC kit I mentioned in my earlier reply to the OP. Perhaps it hasn't propagated to everybody's server yet....

Not to mention that MPC wasn't in business in the early to mid

50s which makes me wonder why so many are responding with the various MPC 1/16 scale Corvette kits.
Reply to
Al Superczynski

Perhaps, because we are too young to remember, or maybe because we are ignorant.. Not sure ... :-)

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Ouch. Now, that hurts. I used to be young once upon a long time ago........... :(

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Al replied:

Hang in there Al, young is relative. It is the memory that goes second!

oxmoron1 MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

i remember watching korean war footage on the news. barely...but murrow was very distinctive.

the past 30+ years, its surprising many of us can get this far....

Craig

Reply to
who me?

Yeah. I don't wanna discuss what went first...... :(

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Chocolate? :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

30" waistline?

The Old Timer

Tomac replied to:

You're close, but nor cigar!

oxmoron1 MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

The Ideal Toy Company did three issues of the 53 vette: #3603.8 had a turquoise body, #3083 and #3638 came in white with working lights and electric motor. Length was 15 3/4"; which might be 1/12 scale.

This info from Vette Vues, a rather odd book which gives promos a seperate section and lumps models and toys in another. Rarely does it mention scale, just length and rarely mentions stock numbers.

More large scale Vettes:

MPC 1/16 63 coupe with working lights and motor which shook the engine.

Monogram 1/8 65 coupe

Bandai 1/12 68 coupe

Monogram 78 coupe 1/6

hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

I'm sure you have a typo there; the Monogram '78 was 1/8, not 1/6.

Steve H

Reply to
snh9728

Oops. Forget about that happening first. Well, I guess it's the second thing that went that I don't want to talk about...... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

That sounds better. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)