Trumpeter 1/24 Fw 190D-9 and more kits...

Sneak previews for the Trumpeter 1/24 Fw 190D-9, 1/48 P-40B, and 1/72 LCM-3 are online at

Michael Benolkin

Perhaps it's just me but there didn't seem to be all that much there for a kit of that size for either the 1/24th 190D or the P-40B, unless they intend to add more parts before it's finalized.

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Maybe it's because there just isn't that much there on a P-40B or a

190D-9...they looked pretty complete to me, especially the P-40. The room for adding detail that any builder with AMS should drool over, but complete as kits; IMO. I expect there are some etched and possibly resin items not shown. And maybe some vinyl tubing. And rubber tires.

Perhaps the P-38 kit has raised our expectations? That's a much more complex airplane, though...hence more parts.

Reply to
Rufus

At USD $120 !! I stick to admiring the box art.

Reply to
KLM

Yup, same here. The price is a concern but, admittedly, I've paid more for a

1/48 scale kit in the past. However, the price, along with the sheer size of a 1/24th scale aircraft puts it in the undesirable category for me. I bought the 1/24th scale P-51 when it first was released because I got a really good deal on the price but I doubt I'll ever build it because my display space is limited and I can displaty 2-3 1/48 scale aircraft in the same space as one 1/24th scale one.