Old Fw and Me kits

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of getting the following bunch of kits for a song: Otaki Me-109G-6 Monogram Bf-109E Otaki P-51D Monogram P-51D Fujimi Fw-190D Otaki FW-190A-8

I only know about the latter, which I purchased a while ago, and the Otaki Messerschmitt has good rep in my references. Can anybody give me an idea of what the others are like? I'm particularly interested in the Bf.109E and Fujimi Focke Wulf.

TIA Bonehammer

Reply to
Bonehammer

I'd definitely dump these three if I were you. The rest are probably at least okay but I'm not entirely comfortable about assessing the accuracy of kits of WWII German a/c.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Oh, I don't know - the Mono. 109 isn't all *that* bad - if nothing else, it's a cheap kit to practice airbrushing on or some such.

Reply to
Eric McCann

Well, one could say that about any kit. Talk about damned with faint praise! ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

It's got lots of rivets for surface detail and no aftermarket parts made for other 109Es will fit it without extreme modifications.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I just happen to be building one so I've got a place to put those leftover Hasegawa decals. How can you turn down those wonderful retractable landing gear? 8^)

All the kits listed were done in the sixties and seventies. They're decent representations of the aircraft and if you've got aftermarket decals looking for a home they're perfect. They've all been superceded by better models but if you're not going to enter them in a contest, have fun.

My $.02 (Howz come computer keyboards don't have a cent symbol?

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

I keep a "cut and paste" file with selected symbols downloaded from Win-dooze Inserts for just such an occurance.

My 2¢

8-P

The Old Timer
Reply to
Digital Cowboy

Thanks to everybody for replying.

aftermarket parts made

Rivets à la their P-40B/C would be fine. A thick coat of paint, fine sandpaper, and voila, instant enhanced panel lines and rivets. And the canopy's gonna be closed on this one.

OK. I would like to picture the bunch of a/cs that Russia got from Germany before the war. Even if that did not really happen, officers and pilots walking down a line of Messerschmitts with red stars ought to draw attention ;-) Then again, there's that lovely white Wurger, still wearing its unit badge...

BTW, since I'm at it, is there a site or online source that would help me making sense of the Fw.190 variants? Still a dark horse to me.

Try Alt + 0162 (numpad keys).

Thanks Bonehammer

Reply to
Bonehammer

try alt+0162(the separate numerical keys),or on my keyboard its alt+fn+0162...also dig around the start screen(start/programs/windows tools or some variation)and find the character map my 2 ¢

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

by the by...any oldies you don't want...be glad to accept donations,I love nostalgia modeling...:-)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

THAT'S why the character map didn't work in most applications! Thanks!

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper