Amtech 1/32 Airacobra?

Never bought one of their kits. Its listed in the Great Models pre order section.

Is this the company that says its gonna release something but never does?

Comments, BS, etc, welcome.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Craig wrote: : : Is this the company that says its gonna release something but never : does? : No, AmTech actually has released some models in the past. Now, as for the present...

I am still waiting for the P-61. And, were they the company that announced the Hemibolt and Liquidbolt or what ever it was?

I am sure that AmTech has every intention of releasing the kits they have announced. Whether it is this millenium or next remains to be seen. :-)

Hey, it tool (Konica-)Minolta a millenium to figure out they needed to release a digital camera to use their 'A' mount lenese... "Fall 2004" they say. I say, "the hell with patience, I want one NOW!" :-)

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

I saw that as well and my interest was peaked. The onlt kit I've gotten from AmTech are the P-40E which had a rather nasty misalignment of the mold in the tail section, but otherwise looks like a pretty nice kit (haven't buiult it yet) and the Hs-123 which is actually the old ESCI kit with some resin details and such.

While I'd really like one of these, I think I'll just wait until it shows up on the shelves and take a look at it before I buy one. Hopefully, when they are released, someone will post their impressons here.

-- -- My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

AMT screwed that up; Amtech had them repop that particular sprue and most kits contain a correct sprue. If yours doesn't you should ask AMtech, they probably will provide you with a replacement. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Mine apparently does not have the corrected sprue and I'll contact them regarding a replacement. However, I think I'll still wait to see what it looks like in person before I buy one.

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier