Masterbox 2 release 1/35 scale C-47 & Mk1 Horsa Glider

Hi there.
Masterbox is in the process of developing a 1/35 scale styrene model kit of both the C-47 and the Horsa glider. Each kit is planned to be
released as either a British or US aircraft and will even have the appropriate flight crew for each aircraft. Pretty soon we will be able to model drop-zones or possible even descending paratroopers. With the British Paratroop figures sets already available from both Dragon and Masterbox plus the forth coming Dragon Welbike kits and also with a converted jep to airborne we will be able to model a very interesting deop zone.
I can hardly wait to see that Horsa glider kit.
Cheers from Peter
Master Gunner wrote:

In 1:35 those aircraft will be huge! I've stopped buying even 1:32 fighters- no place to display any more!

Hi there.
Those models will be about 30 inches wide and 20 inches long. I forgot to mention that Master Box (it should be two words no one) is also working on a 1/35 Junkers Ju-52 kit with German flight crew, maintenance personnel and paratroops.
Cheers again from Peter
"Drop zone is right! You'd need an area about 36 x 60 inches to display them - better plan on one of those luan door blanks from a do- it-yourself store like Loew's or Home Depot!
Cookie Sewell
A 1/35 CG-4 would be cooler than the Horsa!

the ceiling ! the ceiling ! the ceiling !

the shoe! the gourd! the shoe! the gourd!
on 11/16/2009 8:51 PM (ET) Musicman59 wrote the following:

Most of us only have 8 foot high ceilings. All we would see would be the bottoms. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Hi there.
Just paint the ceiling to represent the drop zone and hang the C-47 and Horsa upside down. You can lean back and imagine you are in a plane higher up looking down at the action.
Cheers from Peter
Musicman59 wrote:

The Lindberg Graf Zeppelin already hogs that space :-)

the ceiling ! the ceiling ! the ceiling !

comments on the quality of Masterbox ? I hope its not gonna be one of those 1000 part kits with individual tire tread sections or something....
Craig

Hi there Craig.
I too hope that the kits are not over engineered with tons of small parts. Master Box (should be two words not one - oops!) Here is an example of what Master Box is capable of. This is the link to their just released 1/35 scale German motorcycle and sidecar kit. You can see that it has a *LOT* of parts considering the small size of the model. Link http://www.mbltd.info/3528f.htm
I have many of the Master Box sets of figures. They are very nice and I will be posting some reviews of them in the very near future. I really like their British Paratroops Sets. One Set, "Where's that damn bridge?" is fantastic. I bought it just for the civilian hunter who is giving directions. The hunter comes with a two-piece double-barrel shotgun and a dead rabbit. He alone is worth the price of the set of four figures. The British paratroop officer really does look frustrated. The other British Paratroops Set is called "Rigid Landing" and it has a very nice *GLIDER* pilot in it. I really like the crispness and the detail on the figures made by Master Box.
As soon as I hear more about the forthcoming aircraft kits I'll let you all know.
Cheers from Peter