Trumpeter EE Lightning

According to Cybermodeler, the Trumpeter 1/72 EE Lighning F2A/F6 will be available in October of this year.

I'm very excited. Can you see? This is my very excited face.

I wonder if the Xtrakit Sea Vixen will have arrived by then... ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Aww, I thought they had announced they were doing a 1/32 one. That's the one I'm waiting for.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

They are! In fact, they are doing both an F3 and an F6.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I think, from what I've seen of their pricing so far, we're probably going to see a kit in the $150+ range. I'd love to have one (and the A-6, the TBD=85), but I just can't justify paying the prices Trumpeter wants.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal=85

Reply to
Don McIntyre

You have a point. In the UK, the Trumpeter 1/48 Sea Fury is about £25. That's a fiver more expensive than the Eduard FW-190, which has a completely detailed engine bay and PE included in the price. The Trumpeter Sea Fury has the facility to display the engine cowling access panels open but there is no engine included.

I have a feeling that the 1/72 Lightnings are going to be around the twenty quid mark.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

my friend is so fugal he squeaks when he walks.

Reply to
someone

lots of money needed for extras, too.

Reply to
someone

Yeh... that's what I was thinking.

I don't need decals because I have enough for about 20 different models, including some interesting second-line units. Mind you, I doubt that will stop me from buying the sheets that Xtradecal is almost certain to produce! I bet that Pavla or Quickboost will produce a seat that is better than the kit one - maybe even a complete cockpit. And that's if Aires don't get in on the act. An Aires cockpit (assuming that it fits) is going to be at least another seven quid. Considering that the whole spine of the aircraft opens to provide access to the top engine, Aires could really go to town with the detail sets. Then there will be the resin two-seat noses... It could get expensive.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

SRP of the 1/72 kit in the US is $36.95.

Dave Williams

not could get, enzo. will get!

Reply to
someone

Thankfully isn't not computer gear, otherwise we would be looking at dollar-for-pound. :-(

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

nodnodnod You know me too well. I won't be able to resist getting some of that loverly resin!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

yer one of them thar arteests, aincha?i hope you share pics with us.

Reply to
someone

Dunno about that. "Sad obsessionist" is more in my line...

Working on that.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Haven't got time for that. Too busy building models!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Don McIntyre wrote

Just be sure that you're blaming the correct part of the distribution chain

- have a look at the importers/wholesalers and ask how much they're adding to the cost of the kit.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

It's already in stock at Hannants:

To celebrate this special event, on this kit only, they're even waiving the usual punishing 30-quid minimum order rule for us colonials, according to their weekly "Hot News" e-mail... ;-)

John

Reply to
jthmpson

Oh, I do believe that the importer here will increase their profit by a handsome margin. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for capitalism and making a profit, but at the profit that (I won't mention any names, but their initials spell Stevens International) the importer makes, they've priced me right out of the Trumpeter market. There's quite a thread over on the Hyperscale issue about this very subject.

Reply to
Don McIntyre

that could be a classic definition of sanity, enzi.

Reply to
someone