Lightnings and buses

Typical! You wait for ages and then three of 'em come along at once!

After waiting *years* all of a sudden we are getting some EE Lightning kits. I'm not talking about the re-released Revell Lightning F6, which is a repopped FROG kit from about four decades ago.

It seems that this year MPM will be releasing a Lightning F3 while Trumpeter will be releasing an F1 and an F3, all in 1/72. *Excellent* Hopefully a decent F6 won't be far behind. However, the most interesting colour schemes were on the early versions.

There will be two Sea Vixens this year as well, an FAW1 from MPM and an FAW2 from Xtrakit. Okay... they'll effectively be the same kit... but if they are as good as the MPM/Xtrakit Meteor, then I'll be very happy indeed!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

It's a long time since I had the Aeromodeller article on the subject but am I correct in thinking the radial intake ring is stainless steel rather than aluminium?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I believe so. It always seems to be highly polished.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Sea Vixens!!! Great. Now all we need is an injection Scimitar.

I can buy a dozen of each and I'll never need to leave the house again :-)

EB

Enzo Matrix wrote:

Reply to
Eddie Bermuda

And there's more!

Aside from the aforementioned MPM F3, it seems that Trumpeter will be releasing one of each distinct single-seat version: the F1A/F2, the F/3 and the F2A/F6. Acadamy will also be releasing an F6. We will now be spoiled for choice - and that's only in 1/72. Eduard will be re-realesing the 1/48 Airfix F6, no doubt with extra resin and PE, while Trumpeter will release a

1/32 F6.

I really hope the Trumpeter 1/72 ones are good as it would be very nice to have an array of Lightnings that all match. I've done a cursory search of my references and found that I would need to build at least 15 Lightnings to make a representative collection. Given that Xtradecal is almost bound to go harpic when these kits are released, that number could very easily grow!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Enzo Matrix" wrote

Enzo

Go harpic? I know what Harpic is, but not the comparison to going mental. Please explain.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

Harpic - clean round the bend! :-D