Oh! My! WORD!

This is going to play havoc with my cunning plan to reduce my Main Stash. Don't these people realise that I have no self control????

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Actually, they do, which is one of the things they appreciate the most about you (and the rest of us:-) )

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

"Enzo Matrix" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Personally I think you are in for trouble. Main Stash? I only have one Stash, looks like you have at least Main and Secondary.

So what the heck, 1 of each isn't too bad!

Is it? (asked with very low voice)

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

...they not only know it, they're counting on it.

Reply to
Rufus

It certainly seems so! :-D

Look at that! A Meteor T7. That's a thing of joy and beauty...

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I have a Main Stash, a Deep Stash and a Railway Stash!

I need to get a life! ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

No kidding Enzo, I ordered a limited edition boxed-set of 3x16t BR mineral wagons (weathered) from some firm or other as soon as it was announced. (It was so long ago I can't even remember who they were). It finally arrived about a year after I first ordered it. Since then it's been sitting on a sideboard in my "stockroom" for months and I haven't even removed the outer wrapping yet. It could be a Pullman coach for all I know? I will get around to unwrapping it eventually. I will, I will.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Bastards, bastards, bastards. bastards, bastards all ! It's a conspiracy between the kit manufacurers, by credit card provider and bloody Nescafe - buy 'em, pay interest and keep awake all week makin' em !

Reply to
Andrew

That's the thing you see. They've know it all along. Yesssss , they've known just what it would take to drive you over the edge. It was their plan to send you into a buying frenzy from the very beginning. :)

... Carl ..........

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

Hmmm. Sea Vixen, Canberra PR.9, Spitfire 21, all injection (says Hannants website) all 1/72. Only thing missing is prices. Better start saving up, I guess, (not forgetting the Airfix Nimrod is also due out this year).

Anybody know who's doing the manufacturing?

Reply to
Alan Dicey

Probably MPM. They did the manufacturing for the recent Xtrakits Meteor F8.

That kit has only fallen out of Hannants Top 10 listing in the past few days. It had previously been in there constantly since its release. I wonder how many of those Hannants actually sold. It's obviously economically viable for them to licence kits in this manner, otherwise we wouldn't be getting this Sea Vixen.

I wonder if anyone has whispered "Javelin", "Scimitar" or "Venom" into their shell-like...

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

And how about an accurate Buccaneer that doesn't cost sixty quid?

And while we're on the subject: Swift, two-seat Hunter, Lightning F6 [*], Attacker, Farley Fruitbat.

  • The forthcoming Revell kit will be a repop of the old FROG one. The forthcoming MPM kit is an F3.
Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Reviews of the Meteor F8 look good. £12 is do-able, if they don't all come out in the same month. Yum.

A Valiant would be nice (but unlikely, I guess), as would a Shackleton. I'd go for a good Buccaneer, though. The Bristol 188 always looked good, and the unbult P1121. Moving further afield, there has never been a good kit of the Italo-Brazilian AMX.

Reply to
Alan Dicey

I've built one. It's a fast and easy build, but very satisfying. The only thing that could give problems is that there are no location pins on fuselage and wing halves, but that's standard for MPM. Oh... and the instructions recommend 3g of ballast in the nose - I reckon it needs at least 10g. That long rear fuselage presents one hell of a moment arm. However, it is possible to leave the rear cockpit decking off until the last moment, thus making it easy to add more ballast if required. The decals are excellent and there is no shortage of alternative schemes from Xtradecal.

Highly recommended

Reply to
Enzo Matrix