YGBSM

£11.50 for a 1/72 Scimitar CVRT? I remember buying the Airfix kit for 48p!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I think I paid that for my Skybirds86 kit of the Scimitar and its still un-built as well !!

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

A small bag of crisps at M&S is 49p today. That's almost ten shillings in real money.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

The only thing that means is ............. you are old .

noddy

Reply to
noddy

Soon you too can be an MFE. :) If I had a dollar for every time something new comes out at 10X the price of the old thing, well, I'd be a lot farther ahead than I am.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

MFE?

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Music For Elevators? Master of Financial Economics? MF'd if I know.

flak monkey

Middle-aged Flatulence Emitter. It's an old and honourable(?) term here on rms. If you've been around long enough that you remember 10¢ bottles of Testors paint and banana oil, you qualify. Having just recently passed the 50th (!!!) anniversary of my building model airplanes, I certainly recall 49¢ model kits as well as the 10¢ bottles.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller