wimpy

is the maquette wimpy the matchbox molds?
anyone built one?
is it any good? i saw a detailing set for it. eduard, i think. i do like them boids. the matchbox is ok for a warm up, but i wish there was a serious kit...a 1/48 would be cool. was there ever one?
Nope, they're older than that. Before Frog was sold to the Soviet Union they were developing the Mk.Ic. All that is supposed to have come from the moulds at that time were test shots. I suppose the moulds went with the rest and that's what Maquette is releasing.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Check out the MPM kit:
but rather more expensive. The Eduard sets and CMK detail sets are designed for this kit.
Only a Contrail / Sanger vac-form, I think.
one from Trumpeter in the future:

Jon.
Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell
IIRC a 48th Wellington was on one of the MPM, Azur,etc. groups list to be produced, but this was about a year ago. Ol' 45
Reply to
Ol' 45