About time! F2A-1 1/48

In the latest Squander flyer, advance order program, the Brewster F2A DASH 1! Classic Airframes kit. That means that a Model 239 Finnish version will be an easy conversion or maybe even a future kit in the line. Great canvas for all the Finnish aces in 1/48 scale. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Knowing CA, I'd almost bet on the Finnish (B-339?) and probably the Dutch version as well, being set for future release(s).

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

The F2A-1 and the 239 sold to the Finns were the same basic airframe. The F2A-2 and the 339 series sold to the British and Dutch were the same but markedly different from the dash 1 / 239. This version is well covered by the Tamiya kit.

Of course, it would be nice to see the F2A-3 and 339-23 (as sold to Australia) so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

They are doing the Finnish version,too. Check their website.

Pete

Reply to
Texvafam

Yahoo! However I have 4 Tamiya kits that I was going to convert to different models...now what will I do with them????

What is really great is that the now "original preserved" B-239 in Pennsacola can be used as a reference. Note that the landing gear leg was overpainted in green mottle on that a particular 239!

For superdetailers, the .30 cal was on the starboard side in the Fuselage (that may be common knowledge). Also the armor plate was attached to the inside of the seat.

Oh well, maybe the extra kits can be used for spares.

Still waiting for the F2A-3, my favorite. I've already built an F2A-3 conversion....think I would prefer it in a kit though.

Keeper wrote:

Reply to
old hoodoo