Trumpeter 1/48 RA-5C Vigilante Sprue Shots

Seventy five bucks? Holy moly!!!!!!!! Jerry 47

Please note the "snip" and the bottom posting. I'm getting better. J47

Reply to
jerry 47

Greetings all,

Stevens International just released a batch of photos of the Vigilante sprues, but unfortunately there were none of the fuselage. You can see these posted at Cybermodeler Online (

)

Reply to
Michael Benolkin

Remands me of mah sister. She's got moles all over her face. We used to call her "ole moly" till she went down to the Beptist church on the corner and got saved. Then we called her "holy moly!" Well, she got married to this Mexican feller and now we call her "guacamole!" Larry the cable guy...

Reply to
Keeper

Well, it looks like folded wings and tail will be an option, but I sure wish, especially at that price, we could have the option of the early wing as well. Would not be that hard to do I think, and neither of the 1/72 kits offer this option.

Also, Two types of bombs, but only one each. Interesting, unless there are sprues we don't see (besides the missing fuselage). Won't matter anyhow, since the RA-5C rarely (if ever) carried ordinance. The earlier A-5A did for sure, but even then not often on external pylons.

The engine looks like it will make a nice display as well.

John W. Alger IPMS 10906

John Alger

Hey! You gotta leave something for Dave Klaus and his folks at Meteor Productions to do! I mean, he has to make a living too, Right? :-)

Bill Shuey

(Who is too happy to see a 1/48 Viggy to complain about the small shit)

Reply to
William H. Shuey

where's my 1/48 machester?

Since the sprue with the bombs also has only one wheel, one seat, one engine, and one exhaust, I suspect that there will be two of those sprues in the kit.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Buy a Tamiya 1/48 Lancaster. Cut out wing bay on each side. Fabricate center vertical tail.

I thought someone did a conversion; Paragon maybe. Then again, it may have been wishfull thinking. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Paragon did in both 1/72 and 1/48.

Reply to
Ron

It's coming! It's coming! Just wait till I get my vac-u-form conversion to the decaling stage and someone is sure to announce an injection molded kit!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

One certainly hopes so! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

i have the 1/72 conversion a nice guy here sent me. the engines seem like a daunting task. no vultures in 1/48, are there. i cannot find a 1/48 lanc for a decent price.

the quest is on!

well, whats the hold up?

I'm still working on the 1/48 vac-u-form Canberra! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Sorry Bill, the old theory about finishing a vac will cause the immediate announcement/release of the injection molded kit isn't cutting it any more. Three vac Canberras completed, one almost done and not a single injected 1/48th Canberra in sight...crap!!

Rick Clark MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

like them easy kits, huh? (g)

$50 at a swap meet would be a decent price. They now have the prop action version for over a hundred. Assuming Paragon gets up and running again and they re-release the conversion you'll have at least a Franklin in the project. 1/72 sounds quite appealling to me. Cheers, The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

i can afford $25, so it won't be in the collection soon. i'll do my !/72 manchester conversion this winter. and maybe a bristol engined.