New Xtrakit

Let's see, export price is just over 15 1/2 quid so I just need another 14 1/2 to make thirty! Hurry up with those Seafires too please!
Enzo Matrix wrote:
Reply to
Dave Shreeve
That is true, but I have another question and haven't had a chance yet to look it up. Did 899 Sqdn ever fly the Scimitar?
Enzo Matrix wrote:
Reply to
Dave Shreeve
According to Wikipedia, they were used by:
No. 700X Flight 736 Naval Air Squadron 800 Naval Air Squadron 803 Naval Air Squadron 804 Naval Air Squadron 807 Naval Air Squadron Fleet Requirements Unit
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
A budy-budy refueling pod would be nice to go with the kit, sidewinders are easily stocked from an early Hasagawa weapons set and other than fuel tanks I havent seen pictures of the Scimitar carrying much else. Of course someone will prove me wrong.
Gondor
Reply to
Gondor
Ordered it yesterday while I was having lunch along with some Airwave etched brass! I sort of thought that they might waive the minimum order amount like they did with the Sea Vixen. Hopefully it will be here (California) by the end of the month.
Enzo Matrix wrote:
Reply to
Dave Shreeve
Thanks Enzo! The screen name on the Britmodeller site, "bentwaters81tfw" brought back some memories for me. I was at nearby Woodbridge from March of 75 to March 77. I even made it up to Lowestoft in 82 for a look see at Hannant's.
Enzo Matrix wrote:
Reply to
Dave Shreeve
Hannants was in a different place then, on the high street in the middle of Lowestoft. These days it's in a maHOOSive warehouse in Oulton Broad. Tucked away in a corner are a Harrier and Sea Harrier! The Harrier was one of my jets when I used to run a HAS in Germany.
Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Site Timeline