Largest Plastic Injection Model????

I just finished Revell's 1/72 scale B-36 Peacemaker. Does anyone know of any larger planes?

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.95 Beta 3

The 1/48 Revell B-1B kit has it beat on length and is pretty close in span (unswept).

yeah, I don't know how I did this, but I forgot I have this kit. Tucked away in the attic. Damn big box!
Craig
Dave,
Are you sure it's 1/48 scale. I've checked a few websites and can only find the B-1B in 1/72 scale by Revell Monogram
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 22:07:16 -0400, "Dave Williams"

Oh, they made one all right. I went down to a wargame in Einselderhof, Germany (near Ramstein AFB) and my roommate tried building one there. He had a heckuva time with the wings because the glue he was using would be dry before he got it all applied to the inner surfaces! (Kit release date had to be about 1987 as it was brand new at the time.)
Cookie Sewell
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Yup...friend of mine built one too...I want one...
--
- Rufus

Yup - I'm looking at one. Generally go for around $60-80. Last ones I saw were RoGermany. Once upon a time when Hobby Lobby was having erroneous sale price and database issues coupled with generous discount holidays, they had the Big Bone marked down to around $25 or lower. Damn good price, but I already had mine on hand at an even better price.
Speaking of, I haven't been in Hobby Lobby on a model run in a coon's age. Anyone know if they still do the 40-50% slasher sales?
WmB

Yup. Depends on the ad that week. Local one upped prices by $10-$20 . Armor is $40 and up, Italieri are $50 and up.
B-70 was $70 or so.
I remember when kits were 49 cents... even if the scale was off or whatever, at least you could get into the hobby. Now..... cheapest are at least $10.
Cheapest were knockoffs in Japan for 50Y back when yen was 360 to the dollar. wings, fuselage, blob for canopy, wheels. 10 parts were hard ones. At least you could paint them anyway you wanted, decals were ok. came with cement and a piece of something for a file. Might have been asbestos. Glue came in a small tube or a aluminum packet that looked like a condom wrapper. Finish product fit in the palm of your hand.
If we'd thought of scratchbuilding, we would have built a carrier air group for pennies. Now that would have been an idea.....plywood for a deck....

Yep, 1/48, here is a review of the kit http://www.modelingmadness.com/reviews/mod/kolb1.htm

Yes, it is 1/48. It was originally a Revell kit, but it's been reboxed a few times by R-M and Revell Germany. I think the last boxing was a RoG boxing.
http://airmodeller.tripod.com/48UsaB1b.html
The 1/72 kit was originally a Monogram boxing and it too has been reboxed over the years by both R-M and RoG. Unfortunately the 1/72 kit has a hybrid of B-1A and B-1B features, so it's not quite a real B-1B.
Dave

Oh. Planes....... Biggest injection kit of any type that I know of is the 1/200 Yamato. Japanese battleship, 5 feet long. Heck of a box.
You sure about that length? According to what I found, at just under 863', the model should be a little over 4' long.

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 15:11:37 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My bad. Measure twice, cut once and so forth.... Measured the box, 4 feet five inches with minimal padding at the ends, so about 4'4". Still big though.
: : I just finished Revell's 1/72 scale B-36 Peacemaker. Does anyone : know of any larger planes? :     The ID Models 1/72 vac C5 Galaxy should be bigger.
    Biggest model out that I am aware of is the 1/35 scale 80cm railroad gun. And if you don't agree, I will use the turned aluminum barrel and pulp you and your model! :-)
                            Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.