Model shops/manufacturers in Czech Republic

I plan to travel to the Czech Republic next summer and am trying to find out if anyone knows of any model shops or model manufacturers in the Prague area. My area of interest is WWII tanks and planes. 1/72 scale and 1/48 scale.

Reply to
larry1

Yes and I have JPG maps Larry; email me directly. snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

---Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Hey Tony, can you send me a copy too....

im gonna look at the discs you sent this week, before i leave next weekend for a month!

If i get a chance to go into Cz i will do, im on a mega low budget (so low i have to wait until i get paid a month later, so i can buy some petrol to get me home!!)

Reply to
Jules

Three shops in Old Town within one block of one another.

While you are there, be sure to visit the National Museum of Science and Technology on the hills overlooking the city. In addition to a few actual planes and vehicles, it houses probably the largest collection of scratchbuilt aircraft models in the world (that is unless one doesn't count the a/c of Frank Mitchell, Johnny Fickling and Bill Bosworth). IIRC they are about 1/32 scale.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

That's very cool, Art, but also check out the air museum at Kbely. Take the bus #280 or #259 from the Vysocanska metro station. You don't see a big sign, but you need to get off at the Letecke Muzeum stop. Free admission and access to the hangars where there are volunteers; I found what worked best was to follow a volunteer around.

Prague has a lot of FUN stuff.

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Yup!:

found this info on where to go: "Most of the street walkers work in an area just east of the Tesco department store. From Wenceslas square head to the end away from the museum past the turn right at the Prague tourist center and it starts about 100 yards from there." I imagine following them around works fairly well also. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery