New Airfix TSR.2 Kit

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Killfile

I hope the airfix mold makers are more accurate than the press release. It claims the length will be 37.6mm and a wingspan of 15.6mm. Not hardly 1/72 scale...

Reply to
DNSH

Did anyone else notice the order notes "This will be a limited edition kit. You can order it NOW and get it on advance order! Our website has been modified to accept orders for one kit. We will send 1 kit out to any country in the world!"

Does the last sentence really mean what it says? "only 1 PER COUNTRY"?

PP

Reply to
Polo Player

"Polo Player" wrote in news:zFJKd.49$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-win.ntli.net:

Better order fast then. In about a year you can make a killing on eBay.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

"B.A.C. TSR.2. At last! This kit is planned to be released in September 2005. This will be a strictly limited edition kit. You can order it NOW and get it on advance order! Overseas customers please be aware that our minimum value WILL NOT apply to this kit. We will send 1 kit out to any country in the world! As soon as we can get test shots we will see if there are any resin detail improvement sets we can make to include in the Airwaves range."

Obviously it means that you can order just one kit, and they'll send it out--no minimum value-box stuffing to get just the one you want.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

Obviously,

Reply to
Polo Player

I'm also not very sure of it being limited edition as Airfix are well known for re-releases, even from the 60's.

But saying that, the Buccaneer is pretty rare these days, maybe I will order one, or will they bring it out in 1/48 as well!!

Cheers, Stephen

Reply to
SL

its out again this year, both versions in one box not 2

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Too right. It's now limited to as many as they can sell. There's no such thing as a scrapped mold--they just sell it to Starfix!

Reply to
Tom Cervo

I reckon it'll be whatever is pre-ordered (quite a lot according to Hannants) plus an extra 5000 kits. Give it a couple of years in which you can't get one for love or money and when demand rises again it'll be back.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

No. Previously, you had to add N pounds worth of current kits when ordering a pre-release. They've modified it so you can just order the pre-release (with a one-kit limit) now.

Reply to
Harro de Jong

if you take a look at

and go to the stuff on the TSR2 there is something about the release being limited to 10000 initally.

one wonders how many have been sold already [so to speak] in advance by retailers like hannants by now?

t.

Reply to
87015