complete photetched airplane kit

Wasn't there kit a few years back, I think of a WWI biplane, in which
all the parts, including structre, ect. were made with photoetch parts.
I recall seeing a build review online, but I can't find it now. Any
ideas?
Reply to
Dennis Pemberton
Dennis Pemberton
They were Eduard kits, Fokker Dr.1
and Fokker D.VIII
John
Reply to
John Walker
Aero Base Ryan NYP "Spirit of St.Louis" Wright 1903 Flyer
Eduard Fokker D.VIII/E.V DR.I E.III Piper L-4 Grasshopper Sopwith Camel Voisin L.III
Historic Wings Wright 1903 Flyer
There are a couple of others such as the Blue Rider Bleriot XI and Pavla Bell 47 that contain major parts such as the fuselage in etched metal.
Tom
Reply to
Maiesm72
I had a 1:48 scale Spitfire years ago that was 70% photoetch and the rest (wings, part of the fuselage and tail) was prepainted. I gave it to a family member (since divorced) in return for a bunch of Bandai sci-fi kits (still happy with the trade). Anyone familiar with that kit? It had the most detailed engine that I've ever seen outside of an AMT car kit.
The Old Timer
I forget the name but it was an Italian Company. They did a series of Spitfire kits, mainly the later models (MK.19, 24, etc.) and they were expensive as hell.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey