complete photetched airplane kit

Wasn't there kit a few years back, I think of a WWI biplane, in which all the parts, including structre, ect. were made with photoetch parts. I recall seeing a build review online, but I can't find it now. Any ideas?

Reply to
Dennis Pemberton

Dennis Pemberton

They were Eduard kits, Fokker Dr.1

and Fokker D.VIII
John

Reply to
John Walker

Aero Base Ryan NYP "Spirit of St.Louis" Wright 1903 Flyer

Eduard Fokker D.VIII/E.V DR.I E.III Piper L-4 Grasshopper Sopwith Camel Voisin L.III

Historic Wings Wright 1903 Flyer

There are a couple of others such as the Blue Rider Bleriot XI and Pavla Bell

47 that contain major parts such as the fuselage in etched metal.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I had a 1:48 scale Spitfire years ago that was 70% photoetch and the rest (wings, part of the fuselage and tail) was prepainted. I gave it to a family member (since divorced) in return for a bunch of Bandai sci-fi kits (still happy with the trade). Anyone familiar with that kit? It had the most detailed engine that I've ever seen outside of an AMT car kit.

The Old Timer

I forget the name but it was an Italian Company. They did a series of Spitfire kits, mainly the later models (MK.19, 24, etc.) and they were expensive as hell.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey