HO caboose interior kit

Hello,
I want to pimp 2 of my HO caboose's (one side windows caboose and one wide vision caboose) and do that I'm looking for interior kits. A tried
to get them in the netherlands but without succes. So I googled a bit around but I couldn't find any good links to webshops selling any.
So my question is : does somebody know a link to a webshop selling these kits ?
Best regards,
Lex Bolkesteijn

Back in the 1960's a company called Ayers made a caboose interior kit. As I recall it had a white metal cast pot bellied stove, several milled wood passenger car coach seats of varying lengths, some wooden blocks to be used for the lockers under the cupola and as a desk, and some basic instructions that suggested anything else could be made from cardstock. Thus I'd second Wolf's suggestion to use a selection of a few appropriate parts coupled with simple wooden or plastic shapes and sheet stock from your junk box. Adding to Wolf's suggestions, also look at passenger car and diesel loco interior parts; many older cabooses used older style passenger coach seats, and many newer ones used cushioned seats very much like those provided for the engineer in modern diesels. Caboose interiors varied widely - bay window or cupola, long distance with bunks or transfer service with none, drovers or mixed train with accommodations for additional people, old with wood tongue and groove interior partitions or modern with sheet metal surfaces, an old pot belly stove for heat and cooking or a newer bottled gas range and oil heater, an old commode that opened to the track or new retention type, etc. etc. Again, Wolf's recommendation to find an example is a good idea. Which caboose model are you planning to detail? Perhaps a reader will be able recommend a source for appropriate interior information. Geezer
On 24 Dec 2006 00:24:32 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

Actually, the noun has become a verb. Agreed that it's as ugly and stupid as a Hummer with a W04 bummper sticker.
--
Steve

Wolf wrote:

Only to a subset of the population - a subset that does NOT include me. I'm still fuming over the media's decision to regularize irregular verbs :-).
But I think the definition extension of "pimp" is one of the more regrettable recent developments.
--
It's turtles, all the way down

Larry Blanchard wrote:

It may be regrettable, but it's not something that you can stop. People will use whatever words they feel will do the job they want - and "simple communication" is a minor use of language, as should be obvious to anyone who watches and listens to what people actually say in the many different contexts and situations of their daily lives. (This IMO explains why most people have such a tough time with manuals and instructions - such productions are intended to "simply communicate", and they do so, with a vengeance.)
The media don't decide usage, they follow it. By the time Time prints a slang word, it's already so yesterday.
"Pimp" as a verb meaning "to offer for sexual services" already existed. The extension to "make attractive to a potential customer" is an obvious one, and the application of that meaning in non-sexual contexts is easy. The definitions quoted by a previous poster are merely the dictionary makers' attempts to keep current on how the word is used in different contexts. We do not have an Academy prescribing and ruling on usage and grammar as the French do, nor do we attribute superior quality to the written language, as the Germans do.
BTW, did you know that in Shakespeare's time " accommodate" was developing an unsavoury connotation? It was shifting from "to provide services" to "to provide sexual services." This meaning became the predominant one by about 1700, and the word dropped from polite usage. It didn't reappear for about a century, by which time its sexual meaning was forgotten, so that its original meaning was easily extended to cover living space, etc.
I mention this in an attempt to soothe your ruffled feelings: within a few years, "pimp" will either revert to a predominantly pejorative meaning (more likely), or it will become innocuous, with its sexual meaning all but forgotten (less likely).
HTH
On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:50:26 -0800, Larry Blanchard

I think he really meant " primp " - to " pretty up " something Alan, in Gosnells, Western Oz. VK6 YAB VKS 737 - W 6174
On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 23:26:37 +0100, Jan(Bouli)Van Gerwen wrote:

Bah! Humbug!
--
Steve

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 16:57:52 -0800, Steve Caple

I agree! When a body starts letting a crap TV production like MTV dictate how to conduct your life and interact with other people, it's time to exterminate the morons! :)
--
The Seabat

You mean they shoot dice in this show, isn't that the meaning of crap? Just kidding Seabat, you see how easy it is to mix up the English language, maybe because it is the most simple language with the least different words ( I'm not sure this is a fact ).
Anyway like or dislike MTV , the language used on MTV is used by many. Seeing you use a computer to communicate makes me believe that you are not living in the past so MTV and other things of this generation can't be that bad to you :-)
Greets Jan
like MTV

Wouldn't that be "craps"?
--
Excuse me, I'll be right back. I have to log onto a server in Romania
and verify all of my EBay, PayPal, bank and Social Security information

I meant it in the human waste category. :)
[Climbing onto soap box] My opinion is that music videos are the curse of music, especially rock-n-roll. Remember when you heard a song and you were doing something cool, like getting your first kiss or getting to first base, or getting to home....well, ahem! You know what I mean. And later when you heard that song again it would bring back fond memories (or maybe bad ones). Now when you hear a tune, all a body can see is that video, which is the interpretation of somebody else, in reference to that (any) song.
Music has become secondary to video. If you have a slick, fancy, naked girls/boys prancing around video people will love the piece, no matter whether the music is good or 'crap' :) ! e.g. Britney Spears. The music is boring and mundane, with no imagination. Yet, she will make a video of her and others dancing around in their underwear and all the pimply faced little crumb snatchers of the world will swoon with joy for her 'artistic' talent. Bah! [Jumping off said box]
--
The Seabat
Zapping all posts from Google Groups

I as a DJ not a VJ couldn't agree more with you, don't get me wrong though I love seeing Britney in her undies and as of late in less then her undies, but I hate her so called music.
Greets Jan
Interesting that my comment about the use of the word "pimp" stirred up such a controversy. By the way, I'm not offended, just dismayed that American English is becoming so ugly. I'm reminded of the famous TV event (was it Saturday Night Live?) years ago when somebody stood up in front of the camera and said "penis" a couple of hundred times. No big deal, and rather funny. It highlighted the abusrdity of censorship. So, if it suits anyone, "pimp" away.
My point in the "pimp" comment was that there's really no need to use a word, a noun in fact, as a verb for which the meaning is so contrived when there are perfectly good words which pander less to vulgar popular culture.
Let's see who can beat this poor dead horse the longest.
The Seabat wrote:

On 12/29/06 3:19 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com,

Want to know what I hate? Top posters, but I digress.
Do we all have to use the same words to describe something? What's the harm in using a euphemism? Think how boring conversation would be. I can't believe political correctness has gotten through to this group. Sometimes a slang word gets the point across better than a clean version. I mean, what would have more effect: "You male offspring of a female canine" or "you son-of-a-bitch"? Or even better: "Go ye forth and have Biblical knowledge of thine self" or "go f*** yourself"?
--
de N2MPU Jack
Modeling the NYC/NYNH&H in HO and CP Rail/D&H in N
On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:29:52 GMT, Jack wrote:

But then you realized what it meant to have a threaded news reader and that a reply could refer to the message easly available imediately up the tree, if it wasn't one you had just read and you needed any refreshment of your memory of it at all, and you decided that posting practices developed in the days of DOS based message readers were obsolete, eh?
--
Steve

Steve Caple spake thus:

Sorry, I disagree. Point taken about the provenance of the practice (which actually predated DOS, but no matter), but even with a threaded newsreader (what I use), it's still useful to have some context in the message window. Let the computer assist you instead of requiring your brain to retain all that info, dontcha know. I still think top-posting, previous-text snipping and all the rest are bad form, but of course, they're all becoming the norm, so like neologisms coming into the language (which you have as much ability to stop as an earthquake or a tsunami), get used to it.

NY or NJ? Interesting choice of railroads if you're from NJ...
Rich KB2AIH elapsed
On 1/3/07 10:06 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

NJ - Trenton to be exact. I have long childhood memories of riding the Central as a kid. And the CP Rail/D&H came about as catching my eye while driving up to ski areas in NY state and the New England area.
--
de N2MPU Jack
Modeling the NYC/NYNH&H in HO and CP Rail/D&H in N

Ahhh weedhopper - you have gained the true meaning of usenet...
On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:00:43 +0100, Jan(Bouli)Van Gerwen wrote:

No, sonny, that's called craps.
It's not a question of modernity, it's a question of poverty of expression.
About what you would expect from people whose exposure to music is defined by the limited, monochromatic palette of hip hop.
I have to laugh when I hear people use the term "hip hop culture". That's as oxymoronic as "military justice".
--
Steve

Rap is a four letter word starting with C