Ethylene glycol as machining, grinding coolant?

Can ethylene glycol, no mix with water, used as a machining, grinding coolant? It's used in anti-Freeze in cars and highly toxic if ingested!
Material we're grinding reacts with water!
StarDust wrote:

It will absorb water from the air, and you REALLY don't want to breathe the mist.
So, I would not do it. There must be something better.
Jon
On 10/09/2015 04:24, StarDust wrote:

Google "neat grinding fluid" There are loads out there, but some may be better than others for your application.
Wayne...
Tiny droplets will become airborne and you will breathe them in. No, forget it.
There has to be a lot of other non toxic and no water fluids.
DanP
Use grinding oil.

Google "grinding oil". I have used Mobilgrind and Castrol "llogrind".

Ethylene glycol is still used in automotive antifreeze. I used Prestone Low Tox a few years back,it was made from propylene gylcol. I had to change mny water pump once a year, the stuff tore up seals like crazy. About 2 years ago I could no longer find it at any local store, auto parts or dept store. So I switched back to the ethylene glycol stuff.
Remove 333 to reply. Randy
--If you have dogs or cats in your shop beware: it's poison to them!