Hyundai lathe dead, now alive again

A few weeks back my HIT-18S lathe died. I was running a new part and I had the Z clearance set to Z10. and with a long tool it backed up
too far and I got the dreaded "z-axis contouring" error. Now the only way I know out of that error is to power off and back on. When I powered it back on I got an error 43 "PLC-CPU not ready for operation"
Short version, With the help of 2 very good friends we found a dead power supply on the back of the front panel keyboard, dual 5.1VDC. Could not fix the Siemens supply, so we put in 2 separate supplies mounted on a custom made Plexiglas mount. THEN....after a full day of muddling thru a whole ton of new errors we got the correct boot up procedure to restore all the files. Somewhere in there we did a NC general reset, which wiped out all the stored settings, but all is well now.
Just trying to post something ON topic.
Randy Remove 333 to reply. Randy
Glad to hear you it running again, and thanks for an on topic post!
Randy333 wrote:

On Friday, August 28, 2015 at 12:44:06 PM UTC-5, Garlicdude wrote:

What's an On topic post doing HERE ?