Beware Fanuc, memory problem

I had an Error 101, clear memory. So I did as in the book... power up while holding delete key. It not only cleared all my programs it
also cleared out the protected 9000 series programs for the tool changer routine. OPPS! Always wanted to back them up. Fortunately the machinery dealer I bought the machine from backed them all up. A few phone calls and I had them in my email. All is well again.
I think the tool changer code is in one of the books I would have just had to type it in by hand.
Remove 333 to reply. Randy
On Friday, 22 June 2012 14:13:16 UTC+1, Randy333 wrote:

FWIW http://www.cnc1.com/images/customer-files/Fanuc_16i_18i_21i_SRAM_Backup.pdf
Cannot check how it works and what is does. It looks like a whole RAM and ROM memory backup and requires a memory card.
I did the same thing once, not sure if it was the same reason, the Fanuc control was in limbo and could not use RS232 to restore parameters (although I set the RS232 ones first) and had to punch in a good part (took me a few hours) of the print out the manufacturer provided with the machine. Then I did an RS232 restore.
DanP

control was in limbo and could not use RS232 to restore parameters (although I set the RS232 ones first) and had to punch in a good part (took me a few hours) of the print out the manufacturer provided with the machine. Then I did an RS232 restore.

Mine is a 0M-C 1995 vintage on a YCI Supermax Rebel 1.
Remove 333 to reply. Randy