tools getting stuck in spindle, why?

I've had this machine for four years. now tools don't want to drop out of the spindle. Cat40. I keep the spindle and shanks clean and
wipe them off with WD-40. Should the draw bar push them out? or do they just drop?
Seems to be happening with both new and old toolholders.
I'm afraid of the stuck tool wrecking the toolchanger carosel when the spindle lifts up. yes, it's a slow tool change.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Randy wrote:

I posted about this not long (6 months or so) ago. Had a Fadal that was shooting stuck tools right through the fingers of the carousel. As Tom said, WD-40 is about the worst thing you can use. The stuff turns to sticky gunk over time and doesn't have any high pressure lubricating properties.
It was suggested here to wipe some grease very sparingly on the tool holder tapers. I found using a dab of moly based grease (NLGI 2 or better), so little that if you can see it you're using too much, solved the problem.
--
Black Dragon http://improve-usenet.org

"Where'd she get those crow's feet?"

That's what I posted I use BD, the good old black engine assy lube, a little dab will do you <G>. NO WD40! use it to spray on your bones when you get OLD...

Same solution is used here also. And agreed, if you can see it, it's too much. I usually smear some on, rub it around, then use a cotton cloth to wipe it off. This leaves just enough of a film on it.
--
Anthony

OK I'll switch lubes, I just did not want anything sticky that would hold chips.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Why wrote:

Indeed. I got the idea of the moly lube from you, and the little dab will do it from Anthony. I don't have any engine assy lube around but the moly based grease is close.
I never used assy lube except on cam shafts either. STP oil treatment during assembly and a good prime before firing never failed me.

No way! The stuff stinks. Starrett M1 is much easier on the honker. :)
--
Black Dragon http://improve-usenet.org

Hear about...

Only takes a single drop to ruin a cup of coffee....
( Good "practical joke" for some asshole at work )