Survey says ???

Is it better to work 2nd shift starting at 3 in the afternoon ,four
days a week, or three 12 hour shifts during daylight on the weekend?
Reply to
pyotr filipivich
I'll take the 2nd shift, as long as it starts on Monday.
Reply to
"D"
"\"D\"" on Sat, 9 Jun 2012 12:13:51 -0700 (PDT) typed >> Is it better to work 2nd shift starting at 3 in the afternoon ,four
Last time, I did. But I did not have much of a social life then. I still don't, but it does involve real people in real (normal) time.
Reply to
pyotr filipivich
I worked 2nd at Douglas aircraft in 89-92, I enjoyed it, my kids didnt, but I ran a small biz while doing it, could still get 7 hrs of sleep and talk to customers in the morning.
3 12's? Right now it's 7 14's, 3 12's would be a vacation!!
Reply to
"D"
"\"D\"" on Sat, 9 Jun 2012 15:12:17 -0700 (PDT) typed >> "\"D\"" on Sat, 9 Jun 2012 12:13:51 -0700 (PDT)
ran a small biz while doing it, could still get 7 hrs of sleep and talk to customers in the morning.
Were you working four tens, or five 8s? I worked second shift for three years. Shift started at 4:30 in the afternoon, and let out at 3 in the morning (five if we worked "late" - in the summers, I never saw the dark.). It was either go to bed right after work and get up at noon, or get up "just before" work, and have some time after work to unwind. I being an early bird, got up at the crack of noon. My friend got up at 3:30. And you have to keep that schedule the other three days of the week or get out of sync.
Reply to
pyotr filipivich
I would go for three 12 hour shifts. Lots of free time to take care of personal business, services, etc. Want to travel and stay a few days, during the week is the least expensive time to do it.
Tom
Reply to
brewertr