CNC Machinist (5 Axis) Needed (Detroit)

Job Description:
Reading blueprints - Operating and programming 5 Axis contouring milling machines - CNC Machines include: Henri, Mecof, Zimmerman, Ingersoll
and DeVlieg - Programming experience in: Fanuc, Fidia, Siemens and Heidenhain - Experience working with materials such as: invar, P-20 and stainless
Job location - Fraser, MI Salary - $18/hr email - snipped-for-privacy@americanlaborsolutions.com
paul wrote:

$18 whole dollars an hour?
looks like GM, Ford, & Chrysler (or Tier II) aren't doing much hiring these days.
paul wrote:

Who cares?
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/6183/main.html
Their CEO's, stock holders and the UAW have screwed themselves into the ground, and dont deserve to be bailed out, let alone be used as an excuse to screw skilled people over for wages.
Maybe they can find some illegal aliens to work for those wages.

Oh jeeze, 18 an hour, well damn, im ready to uproot my family for that. Comon man, 18 an hour is an insult. Even in a state like mine where we have a right to work condiftion and no state taxes, 18 is still an insult.
So you want someone with devlig experience, 5 axis experience, all the while machining pre hard and stainlless, for 18 an hour.
Your a theif sir.
Michigan can go to hell if their offering crap jobs like this. If youv'e got those skills move to sunny florida, land of no state taxes. Hell I'll get ya a job where I work for a lot more than 18hr.!
Damn this post burns my azz. Friggen thiefs!
Go take advantage somewhere else befoe I muzzle your stupid azz.
I do the same thing here in Alabama and get $33.00 an hr. A friend just left for a job in Florida, 5 axis program (ugs nx6) set up, run first piece. $45 an hr.

paul wrote:

American Labor Solutions??? You have the balls to call this company that??? Are you kidding us??? F'me! You can just go whine right now to your boss about how you can't find anyone "qualified". Sorry, but the economy is not that bad yet.
From your website: "Welcome to American Labor Solutions
At American Labor Solutions our goal is simple: to provide commercial staffing quickly, accurately and support your labor needs, every time. Our promise is to deliver qualified, local and reliable staff on short notice that fit your needs. Our staff of recruiters are committed to identifying the best local talent, providing in-depth screening and delivering ideal candidates at a moments notice.
American Labor Solutions provides temporary, temp-to-hire and permanent placements. We specialize in light industrial, skilled labor, light technical and administrative associates."<end>
The key here is your looking for SKILLED LABOR. A PROFESSIONAL. That person should be sought through your other arm of your company: http://www.bastechnologies.com/ which appears to be the one that handles professional employees.
Btw, Detroit is a sh1thole... but you knew that.
Warmest Regards, -- Bill
Bill wrote:

Heh. This newsgroup has been kinda' hard on newcomers lately. First, Bipolar Bear and I flaming the Linear Measuring Systems guy, then the War On Waste guy gets slammed for his pathetic video, and now this guy.
During the inevitable summer recess that is certainly on its way this year and after my wife and I get back from vacation, I think I'll set up a booth outside the door to alt.machines.cnc and sell asbestos suits to all the misguided fools wandering on in. :)
--
Black Dragon

Spirtle, n.:

You trust someone that gets paid $18/hr to run a $1,000,000+ Zimmerman? good luck.
Just to eliminate any potential confusion, the jobs that I posted were NOT being offered by my company, but are some of those (among others) that are listed on the "official" Michigan Talent Bank web site (https://www.michworks.org/mtb/user/MTB_EMPL.EntryMainPage )
This is the site where people who have filed to receive unemployment compensation in the State of Michigan are required to post a resume and search for work. Does this mean that if one was making $45/hr running a 5 axis mill that they would be required to take the work at $18/hr or lose the unemployment?
I dunno, I'm just asking the question. As we see more work and more companies leave the state of Michigan (due in part to an overly oppressive small business tax), these are the types of manufacturing jobs that will be left.
--
Regards,

Paul Sevin
paul wrote:

How many unemployed 5 axis guys are there?

These are the type of manufacturing jobs that will leave the state, and perhaps the nation.
One of my sons makes $18 and bennies in Boise as a cook.
paul wrote:

Change we can count on.
--

Michael Gailey
3D Laser Scanning, Digital Object Reproduction
Michael wrote:

Redistribution of wealth.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mnu/1050662667.html