House booster pump as coolant pump??

Such as:

A 3/4 hp Graymills coolant pump, typical in cnc, is almost $500, and puts out 30-35 psi.

The HF pump, judging from the total headlift, might be as much as 150 psi (zero flow), and proly 60-90 psi, thru a cupla loclines. I have a few machines that I would like to amp up the coolant psi. I would run separate lines from this pump to the various machines, separate from the existing centrifugal pumps..

The max flow is 1100 gph, or about 20 gal/min, which is certainly less than a 3/4 graymills puts out, but enough for a few loclines, I would think

The HF pump is on sale at $120, so at least psi-wise, would be a good deal -- IF it can handle soluble oil. I would imagine I'd have to filter/strain the coolant pretty well, unless the pump mechanism is forgiving.

Opinions?

Reply to
Existential Angst