What did we get for Christmas

I scored the commerative 1/350th Battle of Tsushima Mikasa Hasegawa kit its sweet lots of detail and small parts and tons of rigging to do the color
photos on the box bottom are a plus
Pavla Siebel FH104 1/72,Academy F4F Wildcat 1/72,Testors Travel Air Mystery Ship;Wildcat in Action book;Coffee table books "One Hundred Years of Flight" and "Classic Airplanes"...couple of cheapie dollar store airplane movies...plus Star Wars ep.III,original King Kong DVD and lotsa clothes. Merry Christmas everyone!
I snagged me a DML 3-in-1 Pz.Kpfw. IV E and King Tiger "Battle of the Bulge" (Porsche turret).
--
Scott A. Bregi

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
Daryl wrote:

I got F.M.'s 1/48 "Grumann" F11F1 Tiger
Strangely, the french apparently in all their research managed to build a workable kit, but managed to mis-spell the aircraft manufacturers name on every reference on the box.
I don't know, maybe Grumman in french is Grumann
This is definitely a multi multi multi media kit - limited run plastic, vac canopies, resin, photo etch and white metal. Still it looks like it will build to a nice model with a big decal sheet.
Anyone do a build on this kit yet and find the pitfalls?
I also got the complete "Rat Patrol" television show on DVD which was really really weird cause it was just a bunch of disks in white disk envelopes. No box, no anything except a bunch of DVD's that looks like they were put together on a home PC.
where did you get the Rat Patrol????
Craig

vintagedvds.net
Its DEFINITELY a bootleg right off the air from the Good Life Network
Well, my sweetie went to the local hobby shop and asked their advice. Since they were previously "coached", I got the new Special Hobby P-36A. She also found a copy of the "Spitfire Manual" at Half Price Books. She was happy that I was happy and my gifts to her were likewise appreciated.
More than I expected; more than I deserve.
MB

Daughter hasn't reported in but Son provided a 3-volume set of Louis L'amour's short stories. I won't lack for reading this year!
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

sounds corny, but my best was giving. my sister did a lot of work with our parents in their last years, stuff i wasn't there for, so i scrimped all year and got her a hdtv and home theatre sound system. just the look and happiness was very cool and warm. i recieved a platinum membership in pcgs so i can get coins graded cheap. a very good christmas.
Not corny at all. I get my greatest pleasure out of giving to my wife, kids, and grandkids.....always have.
--
Cheers: Bill Woodier
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready
e wrote:

My long lost Brother! ;)
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
One more night of Channukah and I think that's it on models. Corgi diecast He 111H-22 with V-1, Forces of Valor Ju 87 with the snake and Easy Model Corsair in postwar grey. The pre-built pre-painted trend will be the subject of the Publisher's comments n ESM 72 9/2.
Also got a bundle of aviation magazines, all of which I already had (DOH!) and Lynne got a '05 Chevy Malibu (full scale). Tomorrow night is the last night of Channukah. I see a couple of packages with my name on them that look like books. Hope that they are the latest Clive Cussler potboiler and/or one of the SF 1906 books.
Hope that everybody got what they wanted and had great fun.
Happy new year,
Tom

the rooshan rocket and pcgs platinum membership were the best. i did like the 15s half eagle from a fan, too.
got 3 1/18 21st Century aircraft to hang in the garage. good that I got no models, never gonna build the 100's I have already.......
Craig

Nothing useful, no models.
RobG
AMD Athlon 64 X2 system with a 160gig SATA HD for the OS and a 250gig SATA pair RAID array, clothes, a bit of cash and my choice of any DML armor kit.

those x2's are amazing. good score!
e wrote:

Yeah man! I processed 19,00 thumbnails of which 15,000 are publications quality .tifs (will output art magazine quality 8x10's) in just under 25 minutes....this thing smokes!

mine will do a quality cd encode in less than 5 minutes. when i started, my p1 133 took about half an hour. instant files opening, video processes so fast it makes ya crazy......we almost have good computers! 10 more years and they should start being really fast.
e wrote:

On the old machine the thumbnail generation would have taken well over 4 hours. What I really like is how fast I can batch process the photos for commercial CD's. That and I can have both Photoshop and CAD programs open at the same times to redraw blueprints with no serious lag time or system hangs.