What did we get for Christmas

I scored the commerative 1/350th Battle of Tsushima Mikasa Hasegawa kit its sweet lots of detail and small parts and tons of rigging to do the color photos on the box bottom are a plus

Reply to
Daryl

Pavla Siebel FH104 1/72,Academy F4F Wildcat 1/72,Testors Travel Air Mystery Ship;Wildcat in Action book;Coffee table books "One Hundred Years of Flight" and "Classic Airplanes"...couple of cheapie dollar store airplane movies...plus Star Wars ep.III,original King Kong DVD and lotsa clothes. Merry Christmas everyone!

Reply to
eyeball

I snagged me a DML 3-in-1 Pz.Kpfw. IV E and King Tiger "Battle of the Bulge" (Porsche turret).

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

I got F.M.'s 1/48 "Grumann" F11F1 Tiger

Strangely, the french apparently in all their research managed to build a workable kit, but managed to mis-spell the aircraft manufacturers name on every reference on the box.

I don't know, maybe Grumman in french is Grumann

This is definitely a multi multi multi media kit - limited run plastic, vac canopies, resin, photo etch and white metal. Still it looks like it will build to a nice model with a big decal sheet.

Anyone do a build on this kit yet and find the pitfalls?

I also got the complete "Rat Patrol" television show on DVD which was really really weird cause it was just a bunch of disks in white disk envelopes. No box, no anything except a bunch of DVD's that looks like they were put together on a home PC.

Reply to
Jeff Barringer

got 3 1/18 21st Century aircraft to hang in the garage. good that I got no models, never gonna build the 100's I have already.......

Craig

Reply to
crw59

where did you get the Rat Patrol????

Craig

Reply to
crw59

vintagedvds.net

Its DEFINITELY a bootleg right off the air from the Good Life Network

Reply to
Jeff Barringer

"Daryl" wrote in news:DTIrf.2277$wQ3.1977@trnddc05:

Nothing useful, no models.

RobG

Reply to
RobG

Airfix' double feature box "Front line fighters" - including Tornado F3 & Jaguar GR.3 in 1/48 lots of work...

by the way: I just won a Monogram 262 on ebay (kit No.5453)...Now (a little late) I wonder what version it might be. I can't tell from the images if it has two or four cannons...but it carries bombs. I shall see what it is when it arrives. As I am not really an expert on the 262 (it is going to be part of my still small collection of early jets) can anyone tell what shortcomings this kit has? What should be improved/replaced. (The first thing is that is has no swastikas as it is the german issue of this kit) Ingo

*time is an enemy*
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

No kits, but I got *wink* *wink*

Reply to
Wayne

I didn't get any plastic (nor did I ask for any). However, I did get two great military prints. I got the new James Dietz print called "Silencing the guns" that depicts E/506 PIR attacking the German artillery pieces in Normandy. It's personally signed by Dick Winters, Bill Garnier, Don Malarky and Buck Compton. I like Dietz's artwork and the print is a nice representation of a pivotal action of the early D-Day fighting.

The other print A got is called "Flying Tigers by Stan Stokes. It's been closed (sold out) for well over 10 years but my wife found one at a secondary art studio. The original prints had 25 AVG members signatures on them. However, this one belonged to AVG pilot Charlie Mott. At some time after he passed away, his family gave it to the studio he originally bought it from to resell. He had taken it with him to several AVG reunions in the early -mid 1990s and it now has almost 60 original signatures on it, including Anna Chennault (the General's widow). I can get a kit any time but something like this is a once in a lifetime opportunity on a one of a kind print. My wife totally out-did herself finding it and I'm thrilled to have it!

Now, if I can find a hobby shop open today, I'm off to pick up a 1/48 scale AmTech P-40K. I've been working on a conversion, using the Mauve P-40M and a resin "K" tail to build Edward Nollmeyer's aircraft. I'd built one of these conversions several years ago, depicting a Soviet P-40K and wanted to do this aircraft. This time, I haven't been able to get the resin vertical stabilizer flared into the fuselage properly and I've never liked the wing-fuselage fit of the Mauve kit. Now that AmTech has released the "K" version, I'm going to scrap my earlier effort and stare anew with this kit.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Wayne wrote in news:43afcc95$0$26360$ snipped-for-privacy@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au:

Hey, I got some of that, too! *wink* *wink* *hudge* *nudge*

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Reply to
Andrew M

AMD Athlon 64 X2 system with a 160gig SATA HD for the OS and a 250gig SATA pair RAID array, clothes, a bit of cash and my choice of any DML armor kit.

Reply to
Ron Smith

Now that is something I'd like to see.

Reply to
Ron Smith

Aer SRL Moldova 1/72 Russian convertible limo, Revell 1/72 Sea Hurricane and FW 190s, hand carved 1/72 Lockheed Vega "Winnie May" from China (to be used as a Christmas tree ornament), this year's Hallmark airplane ornament (now have seven of the nine) and a $50 gift certificate for Barnes & Noble book store.

...and there are seven days of Channukah to come :-)

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

If you'd like to take a look at "Silencing the Guns" check this link:

Bill Woodier

Well, my sweetie went to the local hobby shop and asked their advice. Since they were previously "coached", I got the new Special Hobby P-36A. She also found a copy of the "Spitfire Manual" at Half Price Books. She was happy that I was happy and my gifts to her were likewise appreciated.

More than I expected; more than I deserve.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

I think it's supposed to look like this: Chiang kai-shek

The old way of transliterating Chinese seems more pronouncable than the current hideous concoctions of Qs and Xs running amuck, IMHO.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Daughter hasn't reported in but Son provided a 3-volume set of Louis L'amour's short stories. I won't lack for reading this year!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller