What did we get for Christmas

Well, owning a model shop, I don't buy kits to stash as I have a stash on demand, as it were, but I did treat myself to the new Wallace and Grommet Were Rabbit van (those of you in the US might not have a clue what I am talking about).

I did get a pressure control/gauge/moisture trap/air filter for my testors Compressor/badger 150 set up.

I did realise one thing though. If I had run out of \glue or needed an extra paint colour, this year instead of having to wait, I could just drive down to the shop and get it. One great bonus!

David Pennington SBX Model Shop

david

No models - yet. More family fun this week.

Nikkor 70-300mm f4-5.6 lens for my N70. Will be handy at airshows!

Craftsman roll-around tool chest. Now I have 5x the tool storage I used to have! Next step - build the garage and workshop.

John

Reply to
John

Oh, I know what you're talking about. I wish they had made it

1/24 scale... :(
Reply to
Al Superczynski

due to forethought and not wanting more jumpers and coats as I have plenty, I actualy got exactly what I wanted.

Czech Master Resin 1/72 Seafire F.R.47 and the RAF Mueseum Series Lancaster Manual. Now I will have to rebuild the bomb bay for the Hasegawa Lanc as they got the ribbing on the roof wrong along with where and how many bombs were slung across the width of the bomb bay. Kind of makes you wonder how they get that wrong when they got so much right?

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

sounds corny, but my best was giving. my sister did a lot of work with our parents in their last years, stuff i wasn't there for, so i scrimped all year and got her a hdtv and home theatre sound system. just the look and happiness was very cool and warm. i recieved a platinum membership in pcgs so i can get coins graded cheap. a very good christmas.

those x2's are amazing. good score!

that book about the soong dynasty certainly is unkind to them.

What kind of glue do you use to stick coal together ?

noddy

Reply to
noddy

Not corny at all. I get my greatest pleasure out of giving to my wife, kids, and grandkids.....always have.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

My long lost Brother! ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Which one is that?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Elmer's if you're gluing to the scenery on your layout. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yeah man! I processed 19,00 thumbnails of which 15,000 are publications quality .tifs (will output art magazine quality 8x10's) in just under 25 minutes....this thing smokes!

Reply to
Ron Smith

mine will do a quality cd encode in less than 5 minutes. when i started, my p1 133 took about half an hour. instant files opening, video processes so fast it makes ya crazy......we almost have good computers! 10 more years and they should start being really fast.

On the old machine the thumbnail generation would have taken well over 4 hours. What I really like is how fast I can batch process the photos for commercial CD's. That and I can have both Photoshop and CAD programs open at the same times to redraw blueprints with no serious lag time or system hangs.

Reply to
Ron Smith

One more night of Channukah and I think that's it on models. Corgi diecast He 111H-22 with V-1, Forces of Valor Ju 87 with the snake and Easy Model Corsair in postwar grey. The pre-built pre-painted trend will be the subject of the Publisher's comments n ESM 72 9/2.

Also got a bundle of aviation magazines, all of which I already had (DOH!) and Lynne got a '05 Chevy Malibu (full scale). Tomorrow night is the last night of Channukah. I see a couple of packages with my name on them that look like books. Hope that they are the latest Clive Cussler potboiler and/or one of the SF 1906 books.

Hope that everybody got what they wanted and had great fun.

Happy new year,

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

yep, true multitasking without excessive cpu cycles swapped out. i can record a wav, encode a cd and still play south park solitaire while listening to industrial doom at the same time.

the rooshan rocket and pcgs platinum membership were the best. i did like the 15s half eagle from a fan, too.

I hear ya, I don't do much with audio other than play some tunes while I work but the ability to easily and quickly perform intense image work is what decided me on the machine configuration.

Reply to
Ron Smith

i always build me the best machines. i even went nuts and got a clear plexi case for it, which i had to assemble. neat wiring time!