PL NX-01 Enterprise

There is one at my Hobby Lobby at half price. I almost bought it today, but the box is huge. Only $25.00 with the current sale.

It does not list dimensions, but gives a 1/350 scale. I do not have tons of display room, so I limit myself to smaller 1/72 models, occassionally straying to a small 1/48 and sometimes even a 1/32 (the Hasegawa P-26A).

Can anyone tell me if the kit is worth the nightmare of finding a place for it? Has anyone built it?

Thank you.

Alan

Reply to
Banshee741

For that kind of price, YES! It runs around $50.00 but I would get it for the price you seen.

Get it while you can.

William.

Banshee741 wrote:

Reply to
William L. Powell

The saucer section alone is about the size of the box give or take an inch or two!

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit

$25 for a NX-01 is a steal. If display space is a serious issue, the NX-01 may not be for you. It's 24" long and about as wide as that box.

It's a step above most of the legacy AMT/Ertl Trek kits, but the kit isn't perfect. My biggest problems with the NX-01 regard the outrigger/warp pylon assembly. It was really tricky to get both warp nacelles aligned and parallel with each other. Polar Lights outlined a procedure to circumvent this problem by cutting some locator pins...you can read about it on the PL webboards at hobbytalk.com.

Nevertheless, I think you'll be happy with the NX, as long as you're

*not* expecting Trumpeter/Tamiyagawa quality.

I hear FSM has a review of the NX-01 coming up in the next issue.

Sat

Reply to
Saturn S. Padua