Polar Lights 1/350 NX-01 Enterprise..

Man this is awful...
They had a release date of December of the kit. Now it is changed to
January. IMHO, will it ever come out? OR, will it come out in 3 months?
Dang, this is too long. But I seen the test shots of the ship and it looked
nice. Start the molds and lets party...
William
Reply to
William L. Powell
You could of course, look into the BANDAI offering...

: Man this is awful... : : They had a release date of December of the kit. Now it is changed to : January. IMHO, will it ever come out? OR, will it come out in 3 months? : Dang, this is too long. But I seen the test shots of the ship and it looked : nice. Start the molds and lets party...
Reply to
David Chiu
I sell the Bandai Trek models in my shop and they are nice but a bit pricey. Also as a snap kit that is prepainted and marked there is not much in the way of a challenge.
Coming NX-01 model comparisons:
Bandai 1/850 9.88" length Polar Lights 1/350 24" length Bandai Snap Polar Lights glue Bandai $59.65 Polar Lights $49.95 (last price I had)
I'll hold out for the Polar Lights.
Dave
Reply to
Dave Henk
Thanks for the comparison. Having never own or built a Polar Lights kit, I can't comment on their quality (Although some have raved about the substantial improvement over AMT/ERTL offerings of the past.) Does the Polar Lights kit ... "light up?"
: : : >You could of course, look into the BANDAI offering... : : I sell the Bandai Trek models in my shop and they are nice but a bit pricey. : Also as a snap kit that is prepainted and marked there is not much in the way : of a challenge. : : Coming NX-01 model comparisons: : : Bandai 1/850 9.88" length Polar Lights 1/350 24" length : Bandai Snap Polar Lights glue : Bandai $59.65 Polar Lights $49.95 (last price I had) : : I'll hold out for the Polar Lights. : : Dave :
Reply to
David Chiu
only a 10 dollar difference??? Only one shop in my area is bothering with the bandai offerings,and they want 100 big ones.They also haven't sold any AFAIK. What happened to PL being the nice 12 dollar offerings you ccould find at wally world? geez...
Reply to
Eyeball2002308
PL sells its cheap snap kits at Wally World, and the bigger, better stuff through hobby shops. Walmart doesn't want anything major in the way of kits anyway. Have you sen PL's 22" diameter C-57D from "Forbidden Planet"?
WinBear
Reply to
WinBear
As I've not seen the NX kit, only the test shot pics online, I can comment on their other kits. In general the shapes are nice and fit is usually not bad if they're not snap (bigger gaps if so) and the detail is pretty good is somewhat soft. They use low pressure injection, so they can't get panel lines and edges as small and sharp as others could, but accuracy seems better. All I can say about the NX so far is that it looks nice in the test shot pics. It doesn't have the lighting system like the Bandai kit, but all the clear parts are present to do it oneself. I'll be getting both, with the Bandai one being used as reference for detailing the PL kit :)
Dom
Reply to
Dominique Durocher
It's $10 less and 2.5 times larger. That sounds pretty good to me, even lacking the lighting.
It's comparable in price to their C-57D, which is 29in in diameter. That's quite a bit of plastic. As another said, WalMart doesn't deal in such big kits.
Dom
Reply to
Dominique Durocher
look at the scale difference, the polar lights kit is 1/350 scale which comes out to about 2 feet long as compared to the Bandai which is less than a foot long and $10 more. Id say PL's kit has more bang for the buck. Plus I've seen the test runs for the PL kit, it's awesome.
Reply to
Phil Campbell
Thomas Models put out a resin NX-01 and from what I understand, he helped in the design for Polar Lights big NX-01
Reply to
Phil Campbell
I ordered the resinconvserions for the Plar Lights Enterprise from PNT MOdels a while ago & have not received the items. has anyone else had trouble like this, and if so, do they have a place tio contact? Inquiries into my order have not been answered.
Thanks for the help
Stan Parker
Thomas Models put out a resin NX-01 and from what I understand, he helped in the design for Polar Lights big NX-01
Reply to
Stanley Parker