Calling on all Americans to do their civic duty today and...

... build or think/dream about building a model kit.

If you cannot contribute at that level, we will be glad to accept the addition of a new kit to your burgeoning stash of unbuilts as a sign of your support.

If even that is beyond your present means of support, we will be equally gratified to accept a link or two from ebay of what you would build/buy if you had sufficient money/time/space/interest.

At our lowest level of support we will heartily accept the contribution of any sightings and reports of your unbuilt stash or stalled incomplete projects as an endorsement in our efforts to regain control of the modelling hobby.

OK... just give me a belch and a hell yeah and we'll call it a day.

My name is WmB... and I sponsored this message.

Reply to
WmB

Well, I finished my FLAK 36 88mm gun, and working on the carriage for it.

Oh.. I already voted. With an 11 Bravo son (SAW gunner SBCT) heading to Iraq soon, easy to guess which way I voted :)

Reply to
AM

I am building the Hasegawa / Minicraft 1/8 Scale Clerget Engine Kit. Just started on Sunday. I bought the Hobycraft Sopwith 1/32 Scale yesterday at Colpar and will do that one next so I can display it with the Clerget Engine. I plan to detail the engine kit as much as possible and will probably build the Sopwith right from the box with the help of a little paint and rigging.

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Face it, after building the 1/8 engine, you WILL be adding details to the 1/32 engine. I mean, how could you not ?

Reply to
AM

Today WmB advocates building and/or thinking/dreaming about building models, but in 2004, WmB voted against building models. He was against thinking or dreaming about building models in 2005.

WmB was an advocate for the purchase and collecting of model kits, not building or thinking about building. He voted yes to the requirement to purchase ten kits to every one built.

WmB voted for the mandatory use of aftermarket items in the building of models. He voted for the amendment that required the use of both photo etch and resin detail sets when constructing any one model.

But in 2005 he voted against the use of an aluminum barrel when used in conjunction with resin and photo etch. More proof of his flip-flopping on the issues of aftermarket use.

WmB values do not reflect the values of RMS.

Paid for by the Coaltion of Out-Of-Box Builders.

Reply to
RobG

This is a little bit off on a tangent, but it happens to remind me of something my brother did to me years ago. Probably early 80s I was building the old Revell 1/32nd Ira Kepford Corsair. Just about to finish and boy was I impressed with myself over all of the little details I had added here and there. Above and beyond what the OOB instructs called for - real medal winning stuff like bullet holes and grease smears - LOL!

He waited until he knew I was past the point of no return, walked in one day while I was woking on it and says - I found something for ya at the hobby shop. He tosses a thin softbound book down on the table - a booklet on detaiiling the F4U Corsair. I think it was the old Aero Series pubs - not the greatest by today's standards but back in the day it was probably on the order of a orgy of detail to 14 year old eyes.

All I remember is how quickly my Corsair went from rad to sad in my eyes. He probably did me some good with that I guess - the bastitch!

WmB

Reply to
WmB

LOL - that's the spirit!

That second one, about 10:1 buy/build - I WISH it was that low!!! :-(

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I'm exempted from contributing to this thread. So I won't. But it don't matter what you vote, the corruption and poo-flinging WILL continue!

AussieRob

Reply to
AussieRob

My Heller Super Frelon got here last night- is that good enough? Yeah, it's french, but I really like that big dammed flying zucchini.

Reply to
Jim Atkins

AussieRob said the following on 08/11/06 01:50:

Same here (UK) but I haven't seen which model you'd vote on, which model company is best and as to the 'poo-flinging' ? I didn't know any company made zoo animals, not even the Creature Comfort ones!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

I put everything else aside in order to restore a rare model that I picked up from Bill B awhile back. It's a resin MiG-9 done in Germany by a garage producer. Got lost in the mail and eventually found it's way to me with a broken horzontal tail.

Now repaired, paint tomorrow. Then back to the glider/truck diorama.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Did the chimp version have a little sprung-loaded lever behind the arm so that some young lad could load the hand up, show auntie and "oh dear!" an eye full of poo ? What a great Christmas gift!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Airfix did... in their "OO/HO" figures series.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I thought Tamiya made some zoo animals in 1/35th. May not still be around though. It seems to be a long time back that I ran across them.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

post us a pic, tom?

Sorry, I don't have that capability yet. Lynne has a new digital camera and 'll ask her to try, but no promises.

The model was produced in very limited numbers by Detlev Schorsch. Bill kindly thought of me when thinning out his built stuff. He knows how much I love the really unusual stuff. My best item is a Leduc o22 by Fabulon, one of only a small handfull produced for Fabulon (Huynh Dinh Khuong, who co-authored our book EMM 1/72). Instructions are a collector's piece in themselves and include a holograph of the cockpit interior. I also have a Reducta Nord 262 that I am quite proud of and a SkybIrds Hanger on the way. My only WWII ID models are worthless. The FW 190A is making a tight turn in the mddle of the fuselage and the B-26 is slowly sinking n the middle.

There are a couple of hundred Czech Master kits in the collection, but many of these reduce in value as injection molded kits hit the market. I am getting back to building more and more and my purchases have reduced in drect relation to the amount of space left n the garage. Once I finish attic insulation and flooring I'll move everything up there.

Tom

e wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

Please post the pictures when you have a chance. Lynne won't be able to get to this particular job for quite awhile. Twelve hour days, real bummer.

Thanks again. It's a cute lttle thing with a rather unique look. First coat shows that still a little work needs to be done on the damaged area. The cockpit canopy is a crummy fit. Is it what came wth the kit or a replacement? I'm tempted to do one of the injection molded kits after seeing this one.

That's what I need, another project!

Tom

Mad-Modeller wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

Tom, when you get a picture let me know. I can post the originals I sent you.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I foresee a new movie with the tag line, "You'll shoot my eye out!"

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

If it's the next Kong movie then I think we need something more substantial. Hmmm, maybe the Zucker brothers and Abrahams could get together on that one ?

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks