1/32 Hasegawa P-47D-25

I finally got my kit. Looking at it, it purports to be a D25 but it has a flat (non-corrugated) floor that, I believe first appeared in the D30. Does anyone know if Gabreski's aircraft (as depicted with the kit decals) had a flat or corrugated floor? Also, I don't remember when the cockpits started appearing in the darker green color (I seem to remember the razorbacks had the lighter interior green). Did Gabreski's aircraft have interior green or the darker dull green cockpit? Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Mine is in the mail...

Great review of this kit here:

According to the review, the kit actually contains the parts to build it as any of a -25, -26, -27/28, -30, or -40 so you have to pay attention to get what you're after. And yes, the review also indicates that you need to add the corregations to the floor with plastic trip to get a "properly done" -25. Out of the box, you can properly do a -27 or later.

Gabreski's mount was purportedly a -25.

Reply to
Rufus

Relax: I suspect there will be a load of resin cockpit bits for this baby before long.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
Bill Shuey

It really is a super kit and I think it has raise the bar in the 1/32 scale arena. Odd, though, that they would showcase with two sets of decals and box art, a version that can't be built out-of-the-box. I'm sure you're right, Bill, about after-market resin conversion/detail items. I also expect a wealth of decal offerings for D-25s through D-40s from the various manufacturers. I hope some forward-thinking decal manufacturers also do some "M" markings as well.

I am encouraged by the modular design of the kit , that other marks may follow. I think an M would need little more than a late style forward engine case and, perhaps, magnetos to do from the current kit. I'd also like to see them do an early razorback version. I think all they'd need to do is replace the fuselage with a new razorback one and add the skinny bladed Curtiss props to get an acceptable razorback.

Reply to
Bill Woodier