Re: On the Bench

on my bench(if I even had one):
Matchbox 1/72 Percival Provost
all three versions of the PM models Sea Fury
Reply to
Eyeball2002308
Almost the same as last year :-( 1/48 F-106 1/48 PM F-86D 1/48 F-86A bashed w/Monogram's E/F parts 1/72 Monogram P-51B w/RoG parts 1/72 MiG15 (new) 1/72 F6F (new) 1/72 F4U (new) and a couple figures (54-120 mm)
Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEearthlink.net Springfield OH
Reply to
Charles Ryan
On the bench awaiting a couple of parts and the varnish to dry on the base, WEM's 1/350 HMS Kelly in Mountbatten Pink camo.....next up, probably finish the Tamiya 1/700 USS Indianapolis.
Charles Ryan wrote: > > Almost the same as last year :-( > 1/48 F-106 > 1/48 PM F-86D > 1/48 F-86A bashed w/Monogram's E/F parts > 1/72 Monogram P-51B w/RoG parts > 1/72 MiG15 (new) > 1/72 F6F (new) > 1/72 F4U (new) > and a couple figures (54-120 mm) > > Chuck Ryan > snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEearthlink.net > Springfield OH >
> > This weekend I started building one of my old space model kits, it's an > old MPC > > Pilgrim Observer, when done, it'll be displayed next to my BSG models.
Reply to
Ron
On the bench:
Falcon Hawker Seahawk vac-u-form at the decaling stage. ICM Spitfire Mk.16E, decaled and in the finishing stage Hasegawa F6F-3 Hellcat, " " " " " All 1/48 scale. And wouldn't you know it, Classic Airframes has announced a Hawker Seahawk for 2004. It never fails.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
On my bench:
- Italeri Su-25 for the second time: the final flat coat cracked (it was a new brand and I hadn't tested it over the clear coat), so I had to start again from bare plastic and repaint it. Now it's waiting for the final flat coat (this time with a brand of paint compatible with the clear coat :)
- MiG-23/27 (Zvezda/Academy/Hasegawa). Just looking if I can use a "new" Hasegawa MiG-27 and parts from never finished Zvedza and Academy MiG-23s to make a decent MiG-27 (a Flogger J or Flogger J2), or maybe a MiG-23BN.
- Hasegawa MiG-25. (2 of them). I don't think I'll build them, but as usually I have to start working on an inaccurate kit, just to see a new release, I'm hoping that just putting those Foxbats on the bench will help...
- Italeri MiG-29. Converted to big spine a Fulcrum-C. Cockpit and fuselage done. Now I have to start working on wings,tail and intakes.
Reply to
Yuri
working on 1/48 dc3-russian conversion 1/72 manchester 1 1/72 ar 234 v16 1/48 zero 1/48 bf 110 1/48 do 335 1/72 sunderland and various restorations. still not happy with airbrushing so all are pending paint while i practice.
Not much moving right now:
1/72 Sword Sikorsky S-43 in mid-assembly, almost ready for SNJ. 1/72 Ventura/Heller Tempest I cross-kit awaiting cockpit detailing and wing rescribing. 1/72 Special Hobby Focke Wulf P.III paper-napkin jet project--will probably slam this one and do up as a VVS machine. 1/72 R-G BV 222. Still working on the tailplane modification. Another couple of hours will finish that part.
And I just got the Maintrack Vulture Tornado conversion, but I'll probably not start that one for a while. I'll have to decide whether to chase down an Airfix Typhoon, or sacrifice my Pavla car-door kit.
Mark Schynert
Reply to
Mark Schynert
OOOOOOHHHHH! Mark typed the "S" word!
Reply to
OXMORON1
Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky Sikorsky
I'm an attorney and I'll take my chances ;-}
Mark Schynert
Reply to
Mark Schynert
On the bench:
[Assembled but not painted:] 1/72 Supermodel Re.2002 Ariete 1/109 Monogram F-101B Voodoo 1/35 Tamiya M-26 Pershing
[Painting partially complete:] 1/35 Tamiya Velociraptor set
[Found boxed up while unpacking after this year's move; all assembled but not painted:] 1/35 Tamiya Sgt York 1/35 Lindberg T-80 1/48 Bandai M4 76mm Sherman
[Wargaming miniatures:] 1/300 Russian and US WWII heavy mortar stands (partially painted) 1/300 Polish WWII artillery stands (guns painted, crews unpainted) 1/1200 Japanese ships for Yalu 1894 (11 ships done, bases unpainted; 2 ships almost finished, bases unpainted)
Next up in the queue: 1/72 Matchbox F-101 Voodoo (haven't decided which version to make yet) 1/1200 miscellaneous Pre-Dreadnought period ships: US, Italian, French, British, German, and Russian (including the two completely-round coastal defence ships!) Unpack the airbrush gear and finish those tanks!
DLF
Reply to
David Ferris
On the bench:
[Aircraft:] 1/32 Monogram Grumman F3F
[Ships:] 1/??? Pyro Chinese Junk (in diorama)
[Space:] 1/300 Strombecker Convair Interplaneraty Nuclear Spaceship 1/96 MPC Pilgrim Observer
[Figures:] 1/24 Elastolin 17th Century Musketeers (hunting scene) 1/36(?) Lindberg Dilaphosaurus (Spitter)
[Structures:] 1/200 (Manufacturer Forgotten and I'm NOT going into the workshop to get it 8-P ) Castle (in diorama)
Next year IS rather ambitious, but I'm looking forward to it!
The Old Timer
1/144th B-17G getting its markings applied 1/144th 747 " " " " 1/144th B-1A finishing up 1/139th KC-135A restoration finishing up 1/175th B-52D " " "
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Bill Banaszak
1/72 Hasegaewa P40N Warhawk.... looking for decals, the kit was so old that the originals went hard.
1/220 Revell USS Lionfish.... final detailing.
1/32 Precedent KD Perkasa..... radio controlled.... Working on cabin - about 50% thru.
Old RC Sail boat... rigging, installing RC stuff.
Old AMT X-Wing.... I built it 20 years ago and never properly finished it.
Waiting in boxes... Academy Space Shuttle, F104 Starfighter, Bird of Prey, Lindberg Soverign of the Sea (rebadged Captain Kidd), F40, Countach, various old 1/72 WWII stuff.
Wish List.... 1/72 Revell U-Boat, Polar Lights NX01 Enterprise.
Mitch
Reply to
Mitch
On the bench:
Hasegawa 1:48 Hellcat ICM 1:48 Spitfire XVI AMT 1:48 P-40F (or maybe L) Tamiya 1:48 F4D
Pip Moss I used to feel cheap 'cause I had no signature.
Reply to
Pip Moss
Some new projects added to the already lengthy list:
1/48 miniplast PZL-46 SUM vacform 1/48 Falcon Supermarine Seafang vacform 1/48 Special Hobby X-15 1/48 Spojnia RWD-8 1/48 Eduard Bell X-1 1/48 Monogram P-40 b (conversion to an YP-37) 1/48 Pegaso Howard Pete (probably the smallest 1/48 kit around)
Masters for a 1/48 kit of the Pander P-4 Postjager Masters for a 1/5 model of a Kirby Morgan Superlite 27 Diving Helmet
Reply to
Bert&Ernie
Hi Art! The DML Mig 17 sounds really interesting! Hopefully, you will get a chance to bring it to one of our meetings, I have a copy of this kit that I am planning on building (no, it wont be in NASA markings!) but I don't recall ever having seen this kit built up.
Mike
Reply to
Mike J. Idacavage
For a real esoteric combination of kits in progress: 1/144 MD-83 1/72 F-16C 1/144 Jupiter C 1/48 D-558-1 Skystreak
Mike
Reply to
Mike J. Idacavage
Mike,
There is a reason you've never seen one built up! Man, what a chore. However, it is in keeping with my Trumpeter 1/32 MiG 17 and my Aeromaster/Smer 1/48 MiG 17. I went looking for challenges and found them!
I should have it ready for the Regional show Jan. 30-31 here in Atlanta at Meadowcreek High School (shameless plug). Unfortunately, of those currently UC it is about all I will have ready. I'll have to bring my recently completed Otaki P-47 and my Tamiya P-51 to make a presence.
Will you have all your aforementioned kits ready to go?
BTW, I'll have a couple of the 1/72 MiG kits for sale at the show. For you and you only - cheap (additional shameless plug).
See you soon!
Art
Reply to
Art Murray
Put aside the Yak-11 conversions to do a 1/72 cast resin Ames AD-1 from Muroc Models/Eagle's Talon.
Started it a week before the May 1 Santa Rosa contest in the hope of having it for the contest. Almost ready for painting now. The vacuform canopy is very thin, glad that there are two.
Seat area is so bare that I'm going to try to do a 'chute pack as it is shown at the Hiller Museum.
Still have a packet of color photos of the Ames at Hiller for the cost of postage.
Tom
Reply to
Maiesm72
Thanks to SAMi I've got a Thunderbolt fixation. All of the family that I have kits for have been rousted out of their slumber and started assembly line fashion. This includes the P-35A, P-43A, P-47D, P-47N and XP-47H. Right now I have them to the airframe assembled and puttied point. The 'N' is awaiting a new nose. I'm curious if the fever will last long enough to actually get them all finished or there will be half-finished models joining the Hellcats, Corsairs and Mustangs in the 'cripples' area.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Bill Banaszak