I Need A Special Glue

Greetings,

I am working on transferring color images from a Canon color copier to another surface. Currently I am using a pure polymer emulsion sold in art supply stores as the glue. Here's my proceedure;

Brush the glue onto a surface with a brush. Put the color print face down into the wet glue. Smooth it out with your fingers and wipe off excess coming from the edges with a rag. Wipe away from the paper. Roll it with the little wood wheel used to roll wallpaper seams. Let it dry a few hours. Remove the paper using water, bleach and a small fairly stiff natural bristle brush. Soak it good, keep it wet and use the brush to loosen and brush away the wet pulp.

The image will be reversed so you have to print a reversed image to transfer.

The glue I am using works well but occasionally I have a few small missing spots. I am looking for something better.

Do any of you know of a glue that is easily spreadable, dries clear, is thick enough so that it doesn't soak into the paper, is super strong, and of course, cheap to buy?

BTW, for black only prints, get your print from a black and white laser copier. For a quick and dirty testof this method, paint something with any latex or acrylic paint you have, even old house paint. Put any black and white laser print face down on the wet paint and follow the steps above.

Stewart

Reply to
Stewart Schooley

[...]

Norman Lever