Trumpeter LAV

Got the Trumpeter LAV yesterday & started working on the hull to find that the upper hull is badly warped (front to back like an upside down gravy boat). I glued the rear upper to the lower & clamped it to dry. Afterwards, I see that the upper front appears marginally shorter than the lower & won't form a proper edge unless coaxed. Coaxinx split the upper hull right across both hatch openings. Fixable, but no fun. Anyone else have a similar problem? Thanks.

dvh

Reply to
Don Van Hook

Alas, the only model I ever had that did that was a "slosh molded" resin kit.

Sounds like a shame, as review samples I've seen of this kit on a couple of websites did not have that problem. You may want to contact Stevens for a replacement part.

Incidentally, the Italeri LAVs are NOT repops of the ESCI kits -- they were new issue from Italeri and far better than the other kits.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Just test fitted mine in the box, and the upper and lower hulls clipped together with no problem at all. You may have gotten one that was popped from the molds too hot--that can lead to warpage and shrinkage of styrene parts. The dealer should replace it. Gerald Owens

Reply to
Gerald Owens

Mine fit perfectly.....also, this is a very nice kit.

...Jerry...

Reply to
Jerry Davis