German Tank used in Bat-of-b movie

Can anyone tell what tank was used as the new and approved german tank
used by Hessler.
Thanks
Dan
Reply to
Dan-tot
Dan-tot wrote in news:a868aaf0-d0f0-46e1-9cf5- snipped-for-privacy@17g2000prr.googlegroups.com:
M-47s. 100s were sent to Europe under MAP.
Reply to
Gray Ghost
Here's a post at Fine Scale Modeler's webstie where I posted a couple of screen shots of the M47 "Tiger II".
Rob Gronovius
As noted they were Spanish Army M47s provided under MAP.
To copy it all you have to do is leave off the bustle strorage bin, paint it battleship grey and put crosses and white numbers on it like the screen shots mentioned earlier.
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
Thanks for the information. Polar lights had a m47 tank for the dio and I couldn't think of it.
Dan
Reply to
Dan-tot
on a side note, where did Saving Pvt Ryan and Band of Brothers get their German tanks and vehicles? Are they mock ups? I remember watching the Battle of the Bulge movie, all they could come up with were two Spanish He-111's. Not much of a Luftwaffe..
Craig
Reply to
Musicman59
The ones in BoB were built from surplus vehicles, mostly FV 432 and T-55 parts and chassis. The StuG III used the FV 432 bits (look at the wheels) and the Jagdpanther and Tiger were T-55s.
SPR used T-34s with sheet metal for the Tigers and apparently cut-down Hetzers which were reverse engineered to looke like Marders.
The halftracks in both of them were Czech postwar OT-810s, which is a modified Sd.Kfz. 251 with the late front and early rear with a diesel engine.
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
The ones in BoB were built from surplus vehicles, mostly FV 432 and T-55 parts and chassis. The StuG III used the FV 432 bits (look at the wheels) and the Jagdpanther and Tiger were T-55s.
SPR used T-34s with sheet metal for the Tigers and apparently cut-down Hetzers which were reverse engineered to looke like Marders.
The halftracks in both of them were Czech postwar OT-810s, which is a modified Sd.Kfz. 251 with the late front and early rear with a diesel engine.
Cookie Sewell
Didn't Kelly's Heroes use T-34s rebuilt as Tigers? At least they used real Shermans.
Reply to
Matt Wiser
Yes :) I recommend the Formations "Oddball Sherman" conversion in 1/35, gives you all the needed bits to modify a Tamiya Sherman (M4A3 iirc) including the loudspeaker for the turret.
Someone used to do a conversion for the old Tamiya T34-85 to replicate the "Tiger" Never got one of those. But it was a mother beautiful tank. ;) Would grab one in a heartbeat if I saw one.
Mark
Reply to
Mark Bivens
I'm thinking I read where M18 Hellcats were modded for Tigers in "Kelly's Heroes", or am I thinking of something else?
Reply to
frank
Must be something else. They used a lot of the MAP stuff provided to Tito for "Kelly's Heroes" such as early production Shermans with all of the late war mods to include 76mm guns in the smaller turrets.
They did use T-34-85s with suitable vismod stuff for the Tigers.
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
Any figure sets of Kelly and the other freebooters?
Reply to
Matt Wiser
Somebody made a set of three figures - Oddball, Moriarty and the guy with the fez -- but can't recall who it was.
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
Artizan at
has a Sgt. Kelly, but no Oddball or Moriarty....
Reply to
The Old Man
icle ,
Jaguar made two sets in 1/35 scale; one of Oddball's tank crew (full figure of Oddball and half figure of Moriarty and Turk. The other set was titled Kelly & the Entreprenuers with Kelly, Oddball, Big Joe (Savalas) and Crapgame (Rickles). I do not know if they made a set of the German tank commander, but they most likely did.
?item_num=3DJA63134 RobG
Reply to
Rob Gronovius