What price for a used Millermatic 175 without tank?

I have a shot at buying a Millermatic 175 that is used and does not have any tank. They want an offer and will not give a price.
What is a good price for this welder used? It appears in decent shape but not perfect, scratched up a little, no cart.
I am not sure of the reputation of this welder so if anyone can point me in a direction I would appreciate it.
Currently I have an OLD, Very OLD Lincoln tombstone welder, AC only with worn and cracked cables. I get "Buzzed" once in a while and really want to get a mig. I will be welding in a home shop making headache racks and iron gates. Nothing big (no bridges or skyscrapers).
I don't want to get blinded by my desire for a new welder that I make a bad decision. So I come to the guru's.
If this is not a good welder (good reputation) I will probably get a new Tombstone box but AC and DC.
I am near Dallas so if anyone has a better deal, I would like to hear about it.
Anyone available to help?
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Bob www.warnerknives.com
New on Ebay about $720 including shipping anywhere in the 48. I just picked one up on ebay for $450, new, but in a damaged box and missing a few accessories.....Miller is right up there with Lincoln.......better in some peoples mind......every bit as good though.....
KIMO wrote:

I'm in Austin, TX and I paid $400 for mine, and I like it a lot. I assume you have 220v available?
BTW, I bought mine after taking two semesters of welding classes at Austin Community College - I asked others for their opinions and all said to go for it, so it is not just my opinion that this is a good machine.

So I guess $450 would be my top amount.
What should I get for a tank and gas? I do quite a bit of welding so I guess amedium size tank would be good but what gas for just plain steel? Is the mixture of co2 and argon in the same tank? Do I need two tanks to get the mix?
Thanks
Kimo wrote:

For steel, you're looking for a gas called C25. I suggest an "S" sized bottle. I paid $190 for mine at a local welding supply, not a particularly great price. If you can find a used oxygen cylinder then they'll swap that for a C25 cylinder. Read up on buying used welding cylinders and also on owner/rental cylinders.
GWE

All good advice and pointers, GWE, except for the last. Go to suppliers WHERE YOU ARE. Reading what someone else does in another area of the country doesn't mean zip. Find out what they do in YOUR area. And when you find a supplier of gas that is priced reasonably, or you just like for any reason, stick with them. You can shop consumables and other things at other places, but it is good to have an account with one place and know the counter geeks. Makes it a lot easier if there's ever a problem.
Steve