Italieri P-47D

I was in my local Hobbytown yesterday and saw a 1/48 bubbletop Thunderbolt by Italieri. Has anyone built this kit? What is your opinion of it? Is i
t an original kit or is it a repop of someone else's? I am uncomfortable p aying $50 for this kit, since the Tamiya kit sells for about the same price . It has some interesting 12th AF decals. The serial number shown on the b ox art indicates that it is a P-47D-30RE.
On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:13:39 -0700, Mike wrote:

Is this it? <http://wwiimodeller.co.nz/new-from-italeri-148-p-47d-thunderbolt/ It looks like Iteleri's own tooling (not a repop) and pretty good to boot. I think that it would be worth the price, expecialy considering the decal options offered.
On 19.8.2013. 4:32, Jessica wrote:

Academy.
The hint is on the canopy parts sprue - P-47D/N.
On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 23:15:11 +0200, El Viejo Dragon wrote:

Okay, still worth getting, especially when the decals won't be those terrible Academy ones : )
El Viejo Dragon wrote:

Ah, you were close. It's P-47N/D, not ..D/N. BTW, what makes that say it is Academy?
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 23.8.2013. 16:44, willshak wrote:

Oh, let me see...
There are only two 1/48 P-47N's - Academy and ProModeler. Italery reboxes a lot of Academy. They never reboxed ProModeler.
And I'm holding the Academy sprues in my hand as I write this - they are the same as the ones on other photos of the Italeri reboxing.
El Viejo Dragon wrote:

OK. I didn't know you had the Academy model. I thought the sprue number had a secret ID built in. :-)
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 15:53:44 -0400, willshak wrote:

But it's secret, so you can't know what it is :P
On Sunday, August 18, 2013 9:32:40 PM UTC-5, Jessica wrote:

.

I finally found one at a reasonable price on ebay. Aside from the decal she et--they also sell it with another sheet for 9th AF units--its major additi on is gun bays that can be built open or closed. It comes with one propelle r, the Curtiss C642, and the flaps are molded into the wings. Over all, I would still prefer the Tamiya kit.