1/72 Phimat pod (for Jaguar)

Does anyone have one in a spares box for trade?

Thanks

Ed

Reply to
Modeler ET

If you can find the dimensions it will be easy enough to scratch build (its basically a body with a sharp end on the front and a flat end on the back) failing that ..........contact me and I'll try to dig one out of my Airfix weapons set for ya.

Regards Simon

Reply to
SiG226

Simon:

Brilliant idea. I googled phimat + dimensions, and got the length and diameter from Jane's.com. Turns out the Phimat has almost the same dimensions as an AIM-7 Sparrow. However, an even better match was a spare Russian AAM (R-77, I think, from the Italeri Su-34 kit). A little sanding to sharpen the nose and clean up the tail, and presto! No fine detail, but no one will notice in 1/72 with the model hanging from the ceiling.

Ed

Reply to
Modeler ET