San Diego model shops

I will be in San Diego for a couple of months, starting next week, and am looking for places to visit (and maybe spend some hard-earned cash); any
ideas?

Ummm... depends on what kind of thing you like to build. Reed's Hobby is a train place, mostly, and there are a couple of more general model shops I know of (mostly in the Clairemont area), but other than Reed's I've gone over to a lot of web purchases for actual kits of late.
cd
--
The difference between immorality and immortality is "T". I like Earl
Grey.

Andrew M wrote:

Seems like supplies are the bread and butter for most shops these days. Our local hobby shops in Poway either moved, or closed up their brick and mortar location to stick to Internet sales.
Discount Hobbies in Claremont is good for paints and such. Their model car selection is so-so. Not enough of an armor head to comment on that area. Sci-fi is weak, but they do have the Moebius Seaview.
Hobby Central off Black Mountain Rd. isn't bad, their model selection is more in line with my taste, but they don't have quite the brimming selection of paints.
Cheers, Dave