Re: 1/72 Vickers Valliant and Lockheed C5 Galaxy?

Airfix makes the only injected kit of the Vulcan in 1/72. There are several C-130s available, but the Italieri kit seems to be the best.

Reply to
Richa5011

Airfix

AMT / Heller

Italeri / Airfix / Heller / ESCI

aircraft.....

Valiant: Aircraft in Miniature: They do the old Contrail vacforms (Mk.1 and Mk.2) with white metal detail parts and decals. Challenging. But then, if you've managed to build the Red Wings Tu-16 by then...

Galaxy: Delvac do the ID models kit, with white metal undercarriage and decals. Big sucker.

Check out the Heavy Kits website:

Combat Models kits:
Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

Are you sure that it's a Combat Models C-5? I've seen the I.D. Models C-5, but have not heard of one from Combat unless it is the I.D. kit repopped by Combat.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Frank May) wrote in news:12583-3F67A010-529@storefull-

2351.public.lawson.webtv.net:

And who did the one with the working retractable landing gear? :)

Reply to
Phantom-1

Frank May asked:

If they did they copied it from ID. And they probably would have sooner or later.

Phantom1 added:

Santa's Elves in the back of a hobby shop in Chicago. Of course it was injection molded with non-scale landing gear that didn't work very well.

It did include a pre-issue offer for the Fruitbat. Very rare collectable these days.

Oxmoron1 MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

and who flew the wright flyer in one?

Either way it was all wet...;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Okay Bill, but I seem to remember a really big C-5 from maybe Entex. Do you remember what scale that was. I'm think 1:100, but am most likely wrong. (Not that THAT wouldn't be a first....)

The Old Timer

I'm thinking that was the Otaki kit in 1/144th. I've seen it in an Entex box also. Even in that scale it's a BIG airplane.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

In 1/72 both ID Models and Challenge did 1/72 vacuform kits.

The Entex kit was by Fuji in 1/480. It was also packaged by Academy,Commando Jemsa, Hanaoka, Sanshoh, Starfix, Starplast and Sun-ny.

Big One did the C-5 in 1/435.

Otaki did one in 1/144 that was re-poped by Yodel and Revell did one in 1/144 that appeared from Testors.

Hoope this helps a bit.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

After being away from this forum for a couple of years, it is nice to see that some legends never die. I almost posted about the working landing gear, too!

Kos

Reply to
Dwight Koslowski

Where have you been? Pulling Lerts?