Re: Battlestar Galactica Cylon Raider..

Unsure about a resin upgrade to the Raider, but I know that Fine Scale Modeler did a Sci-fi book called Famous Spaceships of Fact and Fantasy. It has an article about covering up the flaws and lighting the kit. Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

Federation Models is at

I also believe that I read on their web site that an interior for the Cylon Raider was coming...but that was several months ago maybe even last year?

In any event I fired off an email to inquire about it. I'll post the response as soon as it comes in.

Reply to
John R Meloro

I know the guys who are planning it, and may have even started, but other projects have been delaying them for a couple of years now. Some of the other ones are all those Viper sets and the launch bay (40000 rivets!).

I'm using the exhausts from an F-15 in my Cylon to represent the cylindrical light housings used in the shooting model.

Dom

Reply to
Dominique Durocher

Did I see a commercial no more than a week or so ago for an upcoming remake of BSG? On SciFi or HBO or something? Or was it another one of my hallucinations???

Reply to
bweckel

It's going to be on SCI-FI channel, in December I believe.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

ron moore is doing a re-imagined remake. it looks pretty bad. due out dec7.

lead ballon, sinking fast, metaphore heaven here.

Huh? Sounds like exactly the same premise to me.

Did you miss the theatrical movie that started the original series? All human worlds demolished, nearly all humans dead, all but one battlestar destroyed or MIA, survivors have nothing left & nowhere to go except a lost colony that (as far as they knew) might be real, or myth, or long-dead. At the end of the movie the humans manage to destroy one, count it, *one* Cylon battlestar.

Sure, the show *tried* for an upbeat and hopeful atmosphere, but it just wasn't believable. How can anyone be hopeful in such a bleak situation?

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

Because the clip-job that resulted from it, "Space Mutiny", was an all-time great on MST3K.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

I think the humor in my last post escaped you.

WmB

WmB

it will be lame. look what moore-ron did to star trek.

I don't have a problem with Moore's concept in itself. The docudrama styling and some of the ideas I'm hearing about are interesting. The problem is Ron Moore doesn't have any Hollywood stroke. If he had any clout HIS vision would have had its own legs and he wouldn't have been compelled to steal the legs out from under the long fought Battlestar Galactica revival. Too bad for both parties. BG fans were robbed of a fitting remake and Moore pretty much swallows the poison pill before one frame of footage has been broadcast.

Personally, I hope it tanks. I know that failure means the BG property will go colder than Bin Laden's heart. The prospects of someone picking it up for proper treatment at a later date would not be good. But if the SciFi Channel version is successful than Moore's dredge becomes franchise Battlestar Galactica. That equals zero hope for a remake. Game over.

Now about that Cylon raider cockpit. Does that come with a louvered canopy and three cylons? The three crewmen... crewbots... um, crewlons would be about the most interesting thing in the cockpit and functional louvers would be needed to see them in there.

WmB

WmB

I saw a little blurb in TV Guide about the changes being made. Since the original series started wearing thin after about the first hour of the pilot episode(!), I'm not going to lose any sleep over any changes to the concept. I think I'll check it out, probably enjoy some of it, then forget about it completely!

Back then, I was a major sci-fi geek (still am, actually), but was not inspired to acquire all of the model kits. Got the Viper and the Raider. By the time the Galactica and the Cylon Base Star kits came out, I had lost interest.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Alvarez

Without John Colicos as Count BaldTIre, it won't be any fun. But then, I seem to be the only person over 12 who likes "Andromeda" Kim M

Operation American Freedom-Where is our regime change?

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Is he the clown who decided to trash all the good, noble Trek ideals so we can watch Rambo in Space? Roddenberry must be on a permanent spin cycle.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Not quite. I'm still taping those as long as the stories stay good. It hasn't started the new season here yet.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

yea, that's him. he also inspired the double d morality.

"Cattlestar Overactica", a sketch on the Donny & Marie Show when Lorne Greene was their guest, was based on just that premise...

-- __________ ____---____ Marco Antonio Checa Funcke \_________D /-/---_----' Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru _H__/_/

'-_____|(

remove the "no_me_j." and "sons.of." parts before replying

Reply to
machf

Oh yeah, Donnie and Marie should go around throwing stones. ;-)

WmB

WmB

i think donniw amd marie stold it from mad magazine.