Re: Battlestar Galactica Cylon Raider..

don't forget that the first galactica movie was released in sensesurrond, where the theatre shook. i saw it at the pre-rstoration emerson in boston, whacked out on reefer and beer. well, it was the 70's.

The movie/pilot was a worldwide release except for the US (blocked by Lucas). I had heard about the others but never saw them here.

Eek! Having those on TV was bad enough :)

Dom

Reply to
Dominique Durocher

Didn't that add a whole other dimension to the sensurround?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

whole 'nother universe. saw midway, same place, same way.

I could never get int ST, in any of it's many guises. If they all went away and we got some decent TV programming, I might have to find the time to actually watch the idiot box.... Remember, cute girls don't make for rivetting viewing; there's this little thing called PLOT that is quite important!

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Gotta get me one of those! LOL

RobG (the Aussie one)

Jack Bohn said something like this;

You can, however, peek into the engines in

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

There were several scenes shot for the pilot that didn't show in the theatrical version: and a big change: in the theater version-Baltar is executed by the Cylons. The pilot has him spared to hunt the Colonial Fleet on the reasoning: set a human to catch a human.

Posted via

- web to news gateway for usenet access!

Reply to
Matt Wiser

:>The two Ewok telemovies from the 80s as well...

: Hmmm... Telemovies? I thought they were movies-movies...

Originally telemovies in the US - got big screen releases on many (most?) other parts of the planet though...

See here (Oh the horror! The horror!)

Ruediger LANDMANN

Rob, you're hopelessly out of tune with modern programmers. Cute girls wearing as little as they can get away with plus explosions are what TV viewers want to see, according to them. That said, I'm almost as hopelessly out.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

You poor unfortunate fellow. That turkey was on AMC last night. That channel sure has gone to hell.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Works for me..... Kim M

Operation American Freedom-Where is our regime change?

Reply to
Royabulgaf

I like Enterprise - it's one of only a handfull worth watching these days. Everything is centred around lifestyle programs and fuggen makovers....

Mitch (another Aussie)

ensemble

Reply to
Mitch

stop insulting turkeys. as franklin said, they are nobles birds.

Yes, I remember thinking "Caravan of Courage" was the next SW movie, and then I had to try to slip unnoticed out of the cinema before the lights went on...

-- __________ ____---____ Marco Antonio Checa Funcke \_________D /-/---_----' Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru _H__/_/

'-_____|(

remove the "no_me_j." and "sons.of." parts before replying

Reply to
machf

"Mitch" wrote in news:blin3b$9op$1 @seagoon.newcastle.edu.au:

I've actually become disgusted with Enterprise. There's NO character development. The show should be renamed "The life and body of T'Pol". The show completely centers around her and her body. Every episode, we see her in less and less clothing.

We have yet to really get inside the head of Mayweather. We haven't learned how Hoshi has overcome her fear of space travel. We don't know what the dog eats. It's all about T'pol. Pretty sick. I've pretty much written off Enterprise and I've been watching Star Trek since the beginning.

Zam

Reply to
Zam Karmen

You've come up with a pretty fair evaluation, IMHO.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Bill Banaszak wrote in news:3F7E2638.D56285A5 @verizon.net:

Thank you. I'm by no means a prude and I certainly didn't want to come off sounding that way. I am however a Christian, fairly new albeit and maybe a little overly righteous to start off with. But Enterprise has taken broadcast sci-fi (Star Trek in particular) to a new level that just doesn't work for me.

I'm not saying it's bad, but it no longer appeals to my tastes or my morals. It's unfortunate because I love the story, and the franchise and my office is decorated with star trek models, calendars, etc. Guess I'll have to find a new outlet for my nerdisms! :)

Michael

Reply to
Zam Karmen

Never watched Lexx on Sci-Fi channel did you? Now that show was sex in space. Only watched one or two episodes myself until it got too bad to watch.

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

That would certainly tend to reduce one's sexual appitite; I think. :~)

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"

Reply to
Bill Woodier

"Mitch" wrote in news:blta5a$491$1 @seagoon.newcastle.edu.au:

Yep! I remember the green girl and the Orion slave. I guess the imagery scales with the times.

Zam Karmen