Best Kit of 2003 goes to....

What'cha think? Air, armor, car, whatever.

I haven't bought it yet, but I'm leaning towards Trumpeter's K5 Leopold rail gun.

WmB

WmB

Roden 1/72 Felixstowe.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Reply to
Ron

Hmmmmmmnnn...knee-jerk went to Academy's 1/32 F/A-18C, but Trumpeter's K5 Leopold is up there on my list, too.

I might also put Trumpeter's 1/32 F-105G on the short list...

Reply to
Rufus

Dunno about 03, but my 04 kit will be (hopefully) Trumpeter's 1/35th Hind.

I lean toward the S-tank for this year.. Mike Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

Academy 1/32 F/A-18C Hornet.

I rarely build aircraft, I've never built any 1/32 aircraft, I don't even have a free space to display such a big model, but I still bought this kit and I don't regret a single dollar spent on it!

Reply to
Vodnik

Trumpeter's Bear arrived in the UK on 15 December 2002 - I know 'cos I made a 160 miles round trip to Hannants in London to get one !!!

So, technically, it is a 2002 kit - but as I have just finished mine, we'll call it a 2003 kit - and put it high on the list of contenders.....

BTW - I have just started my An-22 - another great kit from Amodel!!

I won't be purchasing their Tu-160 because I have alreday made the Master Club resin Tu-160 - see :-

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

Hi all,

Mine has to be the Academy 1/32 Hornet. Just started it as my wife bought me an Airbrush and compressor for crimbo. Been wanting one for a few years now but will practice on some old kits first before the Hornet me thinks.(been using Halfords spray cans)

Quick Q: What is the best cleaner to use for the Aztec A4709? I will be using enamels and Model Master Acrylics.

Spence

Reply to
Spencer

I say ditto.

John Hairell ( snipped-for-privacy@erols.com)

Reply to
John Hairell

Reply to
peter

Hey thanks. It's good to be remembered. ;-)

Hey now, what's this. Peter this is great! Just what I was looking for and more. Thanks!

Best regards,

WmB

WmB

Was the R-G BV 222 a 2003 kit? Damned impressive, especially at the price.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

For acrylics I use Aztec Airbrush Cleaner and isopropyl alcohol. For enamels I use lacquer thinner.

Reply to
Vodnik

Yes! And for 2004 we will get another biggie, a Junkers JU-290A. Somebody at Revell, Germany is not afraid to be adventurous.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

For the car guys, it's pretty hard to beat Revell's '40 Ford Standard Coupe!

OK, so it still has the Deluxe dashboard, and convertible interior side panels from the kit from which it was derived, but to have this "classic" prewar Ford coupe done accurately in shape for once (AMT's kit dates back to 1959!) it gets my vote!

Art Anderson

Reply to
EmilA1944

Picked up the Italeri 1/72 SM.79 yesterday at Berkeley Ace Hardware. WOW!

I'll leave accuracy to the "experts". The detail is stunning. The tiniest parts are a bit clunkier than Roden's details, but quite acceptable.

Interior detailing for fuselage, undercarriage bays, gun positions, opened hatches, etc. is wonderful.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Fortunately, twenty years of intensive brainwash from Italian modellers and modelling clubs led to some result. Sometimes dreams come true :-)

Next goal is saving the Supermodel molds from wrecking...

-- Luca Beato -

del plastimodellismo su

Luca Beato

modelling clubs led to some result. Sometimes dreams come true :-)

Excuse me? What wrecking and who's behind that? They've done some fantastic planes in the past. I don't see any reason to reduce the moulds to scrap.

Bill Banaszak, MFE who at one time had one of everything they put out...

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I assumed he was referring to the semi-legendary and apocryphal wreck that ruined all the old Aurora molds. Another way of saying just when they make something good, it disappears!

Tom Dougherty ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com)

Reply to
Ives100

Let me explain. Supermodel in practice was the second job for a Mr. Radicchi, owner of a modelling shop based in Bologna, who passed away two years ago. Italeri is based near Bologna as well. Further, Mr. Radicchi was a partner of theirs at the age when the brand was still named "Aliplast". Now, rumors are that his heirs don't seem interested in perpetuating the Supermodel production, so there is a risk of wrecking the molds. Italeri would be an elected candidate in taking over them in order to revitalize those kits, but Radicchi's relatives aren't supposed to give in them for free, while the ex-ESCI molds operation is very recent, and its financial cover is likely to be still too onerous to allow for other operations in the same style, while no other Italian firm seem sturdy enough to face the problem.

Just guesses, but nothing hopeful for what I see.

-- Luca Beato -

del plastimodellismo su

Luca Beato