Edwards abuses Superman to get votes

Edwards: 'We will stop juvenile diabetes, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and
other debilitating diseases... When John Kerry is president, people
like Christopher Reeve are going get up out of that wheelchair and walk
again.' Edwards made the unprecedented campaign promises during
30-minute speech at Newton High School gym in Newton, Iowa
This is nothing more than USING Cristopher Reeve's death as a step
stool to try to get votes!
Kerry/Edwards=LOSERS!
JJ1284
Reply to
JJ
[...]
Same Excuse as Bush would have had for saying Superman had WMD'S in way of Kryptonite...either way neither of them existed so WTF...???
Reply to
Mark Stevens
Soooo...if Senator Kerry is elected, will I be able to run a 2:45 marathon?
If so, I'm onboard and reporting for duty.
Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Carroll
Given the late Mr Reeve's present situation, this should prove to be quite interesting.
On a more serious note, I can't think of any other sad news about the death of an actor that put a lump in my throat than the death of Christopher Reeve.
I was always hoping that some day he would get his dream and walk again. Maybe he did, just not here.
Spence
Reply to
Warty
"Warty" wrote in news:416d8b55$1 snipped-for-privacy@alt.athenanews.com:
Speaking as a diabetic I find Edward's statements to be pandering of the worst and most detestable kind. Giving hope to people with disabilities after raping the medical profession for his personal benefit is monsterous.
Unless we're gonna see some old time religion and Kerry's gonna lay his hands upon the crippled and make them walk. Of course given the slavish fawning of the Kool-Aide drinking Kerryites I suspect there are some that believe it.
Reply to
Gray Ghost
And Reagan's death was not totally abused by the Republicans? ..../V
Reply to
Vess Irvine
Heh.
Reply to
Al Superczynski
If I'm not mistaken, the preferred color of the dog in these cases is yellow.
WmB
WmB
I'm diabetic too. If there'd been a snowball's chance in Hell of me voting for the Gigolo and the Shyster before this, it'd be a puff of steam now.
There are those who are so virulently anti-Bush that if the Democrats were running a dog for President, they'd vote for it... come to think of it, that's what they *are* doing.
Reply to
Guy N. LaFrance
As opposed to the hatchet job that "Cutsy Katie" Couric and Sarah Brady did on him on CBS during the funeral? Jerry Springer has more journalistic integrity than Ms. Couric!
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
Whatever gave you the idea that Couric was a journalist? She does her thing in a news-ultra-light setting, while constantly getting written up in women's mags mainly about how she's doing after the death of her late lamented husband, how her kids are doing after the dreath of her late lamented husband, and what her beauty tips are after the death of her late lamented husband. She always talks about colon cancer, which killed her late lamented husband. (Yes, I read that stuff, mainly because I read practically everything, not because I care.) I gather the female folk out there eat it up, because she keeps showing up on mag covers. I wouldn't vcall it journalism--more like an extended wallow.
Mark Schynert
Reply to
Mark Schynert
Wish you had told Bush that before he screwed up the Clinton economy. ...../V
Reply to
Vess Irvine
You mean the dot.com shell that was already cracking upand rippling out to th e rest of economy during the summer of 2000?
Reply to
TomGAJ
Bill proposed:
But Bill, Jerry Springer was a lawyer and politician until he rose to talkshow host/mudwrestling announcer. Darn, It would have been nice to see his performance as "Senator Springer" on C-Span.
Rick
Rick
Reply to
OXMORON1
talkshow host/mudwrestling announcer.
Frankly, If I had a choice between Springer and Kerry, I'd be hard put to choose. At least with Springer you'd know where he stood on mudwrestling and free sex! :-)
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
springer is a lot more articulate than either of the assclowns running. and he's funny.
Reply to
someone
Vessticles continued to blasbber:
Hahahahahahaha! Vessticles, you truly are a comedian. You're so funny you could step right into Rodney Dangerfield's shoes. As a matter of fact, why don't you go do that; right now. -- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon
My home page:

Bill Woodier